Cannot register on pianoworld forums...

Reaction score
I cannot seem to be able to register on the forum. It says that my IP address has been recognized as spam.
Tried to register on different devices on different locations, so different IP addresses, but same message every time.

Have mailed forum support but after more than a week still no answer.

Anyone else have problems ?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Your email provider has obviously been flagged by spamcop for originating spam.

You'll have to contact the administrator at your ISP and/or your email provider if they are a different service and explain the situation.

It will take them a few days to a couple of weeks to get off the list if they are diligent admins.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Then contact spamcop and google but Gmail still lists the originating IP of the message so it could still be your ISP.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Reaction score
Then contact spamcop and google but Gmail still lists the originating IP of the message so it could still be your ISP.

Already contacted spamcop last week, no feedback yet.
When I try the same on a computer at work, so completely different IP and ISP, it still doesn't work. I could register no problem on musicplayer forum and others, only pianoworld blocks me...

My public IP address is not listed on Spamcop (I'm behind a router at home but entering IP in google gives you your public IP).
Don't know what the problem is. Guess I'll contact my ISP tomorrow, see if they can help...

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There might be a private list at piano world and some spammer harvested your email address from a forwarded mail. It happens sometimes.

Try emailing webmaster, admin, postmaster at pianoworld and hope for the best. It largely depends on how attentive they are to emails coming in.

Or if you want to go nuclear look them up on a registrar and see who the listed contacts are. There should be names, email addresses and phone numbers listed.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I would try creating say a Yahoo email address from a mobile using the data system rather than a WiFi and see if that gets past their system.

I tried myself and my anti virus kept flagging up that the site was not secure so I ceased registering.

Reaction score
I guess the technology behind the forum is outdated, the graphical interface looks ancient, in any case. Don't think there's a lot of care going into the innards of the forum...

Reaction score
Have tried with my icloud address instead of my Gmail address.
Created my account, got an e-mail confirmation, confirmed my account by clicking on the link and it said that everything was okay but that an administrator had to confirm my account before I could log in.
So far so good. However, when returning to the login screen, I got the same message again that my IP address had been identified as a spambot.

I've tried registering using complete different login names, email adresses, tried from different devices, from different locations, all to no avail... Sending a message to the admins is no help either, there's just no answer.

I give up. If anyone has any idea why this won't work, please let me know...

Reaction score
Worked this time around, got a mail from the admins that my account registration had been approved.
Perhaps it was my Gmail account that was the problem...

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Some forums use an online service (website) where you can enter an email address and the service will validate the email address using a series of tests. Unfortunately, the last test is a test of the email service itself, not the individual email address. As far as I've been able to tell, that last test always fails-- that is, gives a failing grade-- to some of the free email services, such as aol.com and yahoo.com. Some forums will reject your membership application and flag you as a spammer-- that is, add the email address you tried to register with, as well as your ISP address-- on an online anti-spam database site, even if you've never sent any spam, simply on the basis of that last test coming back with a failing grade. Personally, I think this is unconscionable, because that final test is-- in my humble opinion-- questionable at best, since it tests the email service and not the specific email account. So basically, if you try to register to forums that use that validation service-- and who make their final judgment on the basis of that final test, despite the fact that your email address passed all of the other tests with flying colors-- then your email address will be entered into that database as a spammer.

Ask a Question