Can't download songbook

Reaction score
i cant download songbook when i press contro for it a blank page comes up how do i get the name of the songs up

Reaction score
Welcome.

By Songbook do you mean Korg’s app Songbook Editor?

If this is the case please watch the Video Tutorial

Last edited:
Reaction score
i cant download songbook when i press contro for it a blank page comes up how do i get the name of the songs up
Thank you Biggles i am 81 yrs old so i hope i live long enough to sort it out Excellent i just wish the narrator would slow down a bit.But marvellous ty
All the Best
Nosmokey

Reaction score
You are welcome.

Before you do anything further with your PA do create:-
1) a backup file
2) a Save All file

Save each to the USB memory stick that you have or should have in your PA.

Reaction score
Which Korg PA do you have?

Do you have the manual for it?

If not do download it from the Korg website as once you tell me which model you have I will post the page numbers for you.

Reaction score
Which Korg PA do you have?

Do you have the manual for it?

If not do download it from the Korg website as once you tell me which model you have I will post the page numbers for you.
it is a PA 700 i have a manual yes ty
once again ty
nosmokey

Reaction score
Page 900
Formatting a USB memory stick, do ensure you select the USB stick and not the internal drive.

Page 902
Backing up resources

Page 7
Media > Save All

If you think that the user data you have created by way of songs, setlists, styles, keyboard sets etc is stored in the Save All file you will see hiw important it is.

So always perform a backup and a save all before updating the operating system and after you have finished saving the data Iisted above.

Updating the operating system will wipe all user data and the routing Media > Load , navigate to the latest Save All file > Select > OK, will load the user data back into the PA on the new OS.

There are many other tips and hints that I can give you starting with:-

Video 1 of 9

Reaction score
Page 900
Formatting a USB memory stick, do ensure you select the USB stick and not the internal drive.

Page 902
Backing up resources

Page 7
Media > Save All

If you think that the user data you have created by way of songs, setlists, styles, keyboard sets etc is stored in the Save All file you will see hiw important it is.

So always perform a backup and a save all before updating the operating system and after you have finished saving the data Iisted above.

Updating the operating system will wipe all user data and the routing Media > Load , navigate to the latest Save All file > Select > OK, will load the user data back into the PA on the new OS.

There are many other tips and hints that I can give you starting with:-

Video 1 of 9

i know not a lot about computers but the maual i have goes to 158 pages pages 900 and 902 where are they please

Reaction score
Hi

You have the Quick Start Guide.

The full Manual is over 1000 pages.

The Korg site is not showing it at the moment, I will post a link to it tomorrow

Reaction score
Hi

You have the Quick Start Guide.

The full Manual is over 1000 pages.

The Korg site is not showing it at the moment, I will post a link to it tomorrow
ok thank you very much i eagerly await looking at it all i can say is it must be a really complicated keyboard for a manual that big
all the best
nosmokey

Reaction score
Failing miserably at this end as I cannot find a download link to the latest Manual.

There are battery addendum, installing the OS etc but no full manual which sort of leads me to think that maybe an OS update is due and Korg have pulled the manual.

The current OS version is 1.5 which was released after I sold my PA 700 hence the info I gave you will probably now be incorrect regarding Page numbers as the manual I have is for an earlier version.

OK using my old manual do this:-

Insert the USB memory stick, press Media > select Format > select the USB memory stick > then double check that you have selected the USB memory stick then confirm by clicking on Execute and the Format process will complete.

Full Backup
Media > Utility > select Full Resource Backup > Execute
Target device appears on the display, select the USB memory stick then select Backup
Another pop up displays Backup and offer you the chance to give it a name, tap on the T and name the backup file.

The format I use is year_month_day ie 20200124BAC

Save All
Media > Save > select ALL > Execute
Select the USB memory stick as the write destination
Tap on the T and name the file

The format I use is year_month_day ie 20200124SA

The thing is with the PA series is that yes the Manuals are very large and comprehensive but that said the keyboard is very quick to get started with.

Once you go through the learning curve you will find it very easy and quick to use.

Finally two things I suggest, if you are on Facebook search out Korg World Club for PA which is a PA user Group admin'd by Korg UK staff so you get direct access to those who know far more than I. The second is to join korgforums, be warned there are some pretentious members there but in the main the others are very helpful. This forum has no Korg staff input except the odd post by Paulo who is one of the PA designers in Italy.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Version 1.5 of the PA 700 manual is here: -

Suggest you download it asap

Reaction score
H.i again Biggles
Help I want to upload registrations from usb stick to korg pa 700
I havent used it yet as i am =81 and am too thick to do it
Can you help with that or any instructions l would grateful
No smokey
P

Reaction score
Firstly where did you get the Registrations?

Next, can you look at the contents of the usb stick and make a note of what the contents are, include what the extension is it should be .set

Do not attempt to load a .set file, only open the file and navigate to the specific song.

If you can take a screen shot of each layer and post it that will help.

On a Windows PC that is pressing and holding the Windows key then press PrtScn, the image capture is in the File Explorer under screenshots

If it is a Sound file you want to load please do not attempt to do so until we have confirmed the file type and source.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another task for you.

Visit this website

Click on Menu in the top right.

Click on Software

Click on Osimo for PA Arrangers

Click on DOWNLOAD which is under the name PA700 Osimo the file has a .zip extension

Once downloaded navigate to your Downloads folder, select the file by a single left click.

Place mouse cursor on selected file and right click.

Select Extract from the pop up menu

It will ask where you want to save it to and in this case it is the USB stick you use in your 700.

With me so far?

Now insert the USB stick into your 700 and turn it on.

Press Media > navigate to the USB stick and tap on it to open it

There you will see a file saying OSIMO, tap on it and tap LOAD

Now you have the Registrations in the Osimo Songbook loaded into your 700.

The files stay on your USB stick so they do not use internal memory.

There are about 120 Registrations in Song format and about 12 Setlists compiled from the Registrations into Genres. You access them via Songbook.

This is the process for loading certain types of Registrations.

Last edited:

Ask a Question