Can't get Korg Triton LE to play sound in ableton 11

Reaction score
Hello,

I have followed the video at the following url, however it did not work and I am not getting audio from the triton.

I have the following setup:

Ableton Live 11

Mac Mini M1

RME Babyface audio interface

Korg Triton LE

Yamaha HS80 speakers

The babyface is connected to my mac min via USB

The yamaha HS80s are connected to the babyface's line out

The babyface is set up as Ableton live's audio input/output in the preferences

I can hear my mac m1's audio (youtube, anything I make in ableton etc) on the speakers at this point.

Enter the Triton

connected the triton midi out to the midi in on the babyface

connected the triton midi in to the midi out on the babyface

connected a "yorkville standard series instrument cable" from the triton L/Mono audio output into the headphone connector on the right side of the babyface

Ableton setup

created a new track

added the "external instrument" instrument

at this point I should see "triton" in the "midi to" section of the ext instrument, however I simply see "usb midi device", so I select that.

hit a key on triton and no sound comes out, though I can see a tiny fraction of green on the track when I hit a key

Add a compressor to the track and it sounds like white noise, when I click the key there is a little clicking sound but that's it.

And of course the Korg is plugged in/powered on, and the tempo light blinks when I hit a key.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
connected a "yorkville standard series instrument cable" from the triton L/Mono audio output into the headphone connector on the right side of the babyface
I'm unfamiliar with that particular interface, but a headphone connector should be an audio output jack that lets you connect a pair of headphones so you can monitor what's going into or coming out of the interface.

In other words, it sounds like you're connecting audio out to audio out.

Is there some sort of audio input jack on the interface?

Ask a Question