Casio CA 100 Keyboard ... No Power

Reaction score
Howdy ... I have an old keyboard that has been sitting in my attic for 16 years ... it worked when I put it up there but when I hooked up a power adapter to it, the other day I couldn't get any power ... I'm pretty sure the adapter works ... any thoughts on whether or not it can work again? Thank you for reading my post.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Did you try a set of fresh batteries in it without the adaptor?

If that doesn't work, it's probably shot. Probably the electrolytic capacitors inside corroded and started leaking. Short of a DIY job of locating and replacing the defective electrolytics it's probably landfill otherwise.

Reaction score
Thank you for responding to my post ... no I haven't tried batteries ... I will purchase some and see if that works ... if not I will take a look inside and see what is up. Even if I could replace the electrolytic ... there could be a problem finding the parts. It may well indeed be a candidate for the scrap heap.

Reaction score
Well sir ... I try some batteries and it works! :eek: After 16 years sitting in the attic ...it still works.:D At first I thought it was shot, but I still had the ac adapter plug hooked up. Once I removed that ... music! Just wanted to let you know that it's alive and kickin' ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
OK, if that's the case, then two things to check.

1) take a Voltmeter and check the output of the adapter. If the output is Zero volts then it's a no brainer to replace the adapter.

2) If the adapter checks out as good, then the problem is in the input circuit, probably a leaking electrolytic filter capacitor. Also something which is relatively easy to fix. The cap is probably isolated from the batteries by a diode which is why it worked when you unplugged the adapter and used batteries.

Anyway, tell this to a tech and he could probably replace the capacitor for under $40 if you want to go that route.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
i have the same problem and i put a fresh pair of batteries in and it still doesnt work.

Reaction score
Hello I have a problem with my Casio LK-100 KB. It’s been working fine but I was playing it yesterday and it just cut off out of no where, so I just got up and changed the batteries and it still didn’t cut on I tried blowing it out just in case there was dust, I tried rearranging the batteries, but it still didn't work. I don’t have a cord for it just batteries. And just in case the batteries were dead ( the new ones) I put them in something else and it charged it up so I’m not sure what the problem is. It would mean a lot if you can help me.

Ask a Question