Casio ca-100 keyboard won't power on

Reaction score
Hello I have a keyboard casio ca-100 that turns on with batteries but not with an adapter. The adapter works well, I tried changing the switch but it still doesn't work. What could be? Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If the adapter tests OK on its own and the board turns on with batteries, the problem is probably a broken wire inside the unit. Open it up CAREFULLY and look inside for a loose wire.

Casio builds those things really cheap with lots of molded styrene plastic holding the connectors in place. Soldering those wires is a real bitch and requires a delicate touch to avoid f*cking it up more..

If you're not handy with a soldering iron I'd advise finding someone who is to do the repair.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer!. Sorry, I can't find those wires. Can you indicate it in the schematic? I attach it.

Attachments

• casio_ca-100_sm.pdf
    346.9 KB · Views: 315

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not a psychic. I can't pinpoint the problem by clairvoyance. All I can do is imply that the problem is that power is not reaching the circuit from the power supply jack.

You'll have to do some detective work of your own to locate the trouble spot.

Gary;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, the Casio CA-100 is worth about $30 on today's used market. If you can't fix it yourself and you're not happy just using it under battery power then it's not worth paying a tech to fix it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If you are confident with a screwdriver and soldering iron then open up the case and look for a loose connection at or a breakage of the input power socket.

It looks most likely that it is a fault in that area.

If you cannot find this on the schematic then simply run it on batteries, you can buy 1.5v rechargeable cells and charger at a far lower cost then having a Tech repair it.

Or dump the keyboard and buy a replacement.

Reaction score
Thanks yo both of you for taking the time to answer. I embarrassed, I was using the wrong adapter because the keyboard uses a reverse polarity. Thanks again and sorry for bothering you.

Reaction score
Thanks yo both of you for taking the time to answer. I embarrassed, I was using the wrong adapter because the keyboard uses a reverse polarity. Thanks again and sorry for bothering you.
Saved me so much time man. Thanks for the polarity tip Frfr

Reaction score
BTW, the Casio CA-100 is worth about $30 on today's used market. If you can't fix it yourself and you're not happy just using it under battery power then it's not worth paying a tech to fix it.

Gary ;)
mine wont turn on with fresh batteries and i cant find the adapter. do you know what the problem could be?

Reaction score
Please help me to repair my casio mt 100 piano
The device was connected to a 12 volt transformer and the device did not turn on after that

Ask a Question