Casio CT-700

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just bought a non-working, 30-year old Casio CT-700 and a Radioshack Concertmate 1000 and was able to swap out the internals and have one working CT-700. However, I have 2 issues that I was hoping I can get some help with.

1) I have a brand new extra sustain pedal that came with my Yamaha P-125 and when I plug it into the Casio, it works in reverse. Notes are sustained until I press the pedal! I desoldered the wires inside the pedal and soldered them in reverse, and the same thing happens. I zip tied the two contact points and the same thing... I'm confused! Does this have something to do with the internals of the CT-700?

2) The previous owner/s have done a great job of stripping most of the case screws and the top and bottom case seem a little flimsy and loose. What is the best way of securing them?

Thank you so much,

Attachments

• IMG_3336.jpg
    IMG_3336.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 519

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all the Yamaha pedal is of opposite polarity from Casio and the rest of the world excluding Roland. Easiest cheapest fix is to buy a universal pedal like the M-Audio SP-2 for around $20 USD.

Secondly to address the stripped out screw holes, buy a box of the cheapest, flimsiest wooden toothpicks money can buy and shove a couple into the screw holes and cut them flush with a pair of side cutters. Then you'll be able to screw in the old screws with a tight fit. It may take some trial and error to see how many toothpicks you need in the holes to give a tight fit.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
to address the stripped out screw holes, buy a box of the cheapest, flimsiest wooden toothpicks money can buy and shove a couple into the screw holes and cut them flush with a pair of side cutters. Then you'll be able to screw in the old screws with a tight fit.
Smart Engineering!

Reaction score
I just acquired a secondhand Casio CT-700 but need a sustain pedal for it. I bought the M-Audio SP-2, and have plugged it in and adjusted the polarity switch on the bottom of the pedal, but it does not sustain notes on either polarity setting. Is it possible that the pedal is not compatible with the keyboard because the keyboard is too old? If so, does anyone know of a pedal that does work with the Casio CT-700?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The problem is either a defective DOA pedal (Test it with an ohmmeter) or a bad solder joint on the cheap jacks that Casio puts in their low end gear.

Check your menu settings on the Casio to see if the pedal needs to be activated or assigned to something to work. It's a long shot but it may be disabled by default.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question