Casio CT-X3000 Silent keys

Reaction score
Hello...So i recently ordered a Casio CT-X3000 from sweetwater which came in the mail today. I bought this keyboard because i wanted something to play music with and to have something that will grow with me over time as I learn new things...but right out of the box im having a serious problem. There are silent keys. Specifically the keys G1, D#2, B2, G3, D#4, B4, and G5. Hitting them basically has no effect or noise at all. Making it almost impossible to play any song.

But they shouldnt be broken... It just came out of the box. I havent banged it against anything accidentally or something either... The silent keys seem to be arranged in a pattern so i figured this must be some weird default setting. Ive tried figuring it out myself but no luck. Im worried i got a defective keyboard :/. Ive never heard of a new keyboard that starts up first thing with silent keys...

Reaction score
Ugh.... sounds like some factory issue (pun unintended) :( pretty much same as a DOA....

I assume for any tone setting right?
Hi thanks for the quick reply! And yes. For any tone setting this problem persists....also im a bit illiterate when it comes to keyboards and terms in general...so im not sure what DOA is

The Y_man

Reaction score
Might be worth trying a factory reset

1627971672191.png

Reaction score
Swap it for a better keyboard by a different manufacturer.

I tried a 5000 for a weekend, it was dire in almost every aspect.

Ask a Question