Casio CTK-1000 Manual

Reaction score
First of all I hope I'm in the right forum. These forums are fairly new to me so if I've made a mistake, please accept my apologies and please let me know.

I recently received a Casio CTK-1000. It didn't come with a user manual. I contacted Casio and was informed that this keyboard was to old and they didn't have a manual for it. The recommendation was to check the forums and see if anybody had one available. I have spent a lot of time since trying to find a manual both online as well as through local distributors with no luck.

Would anyone here have or know where I can obtain, a copy of the manual ?? I'm really lost with this keyboard. It has more options than any other keyboard I've ever tried to work with and I'm totally lost.

Thank you in advance.

Rob

Keyboard.jpg

Reaction score
I've spent many many many days following google's dead end searches. That's why I decided to try a forum. I've downloaded the 1100 file you suggested and had a look at it. There are a couple of similarities but overall, there are a lot of differences between the 1000 and the 1100. However, the similarities may help a little so I'm going to try to work with it but will still keep looking for the 1000 manual.
I would like to thank you for this tip Gary. It's a start and I really appreciate it.

Rob

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's a standard feature on Casio keyboards.

Power saving can be turned off usually with a combo button press while powering on.

For instance on the XW-P1 it can be deactivated by holding down the TONE button while hitting the power button.

Also the length of the delay can usually be changed by plugging the unit into a wall socket. Usually on adapter power the power off feature takes longer to kick in than on batteries.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's a pretty nasty looking site but since they accept paypal the buyer has at least some protection for the transaction. At least he doesn't have to input any credit card info.

And with a pay and download policy he'll have instant access to the manual after the payment is authorized.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
So much for instant download. My order is still pending. Hmmmmmm I'll wait til Monday and then contact paypal if I don't hear back from them. I have received 5 emails from them since last night. It does look good but I still haven't received the manual. I guess tomorrow will show. Thanks for all the help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Reaction score
SeaGtGruff I would like to thank you for the link to the manual. First thing this morning I received the manual. I had a look at it and it seems to be the right one. It's not 100%, (being a photocopy), but I would give it a 90%. I can finally get some potential out of the keyboard.
Again, I would like to thank you for the link

Rob

Reaction score
That's a standard feature on Casio keyboards.

Power saving can be turned off usually with a combo button press while powering on.

For instance on the XW-P1 it can be deactivated by holding down the TONE button while hitting the power button.

Also the length of the delay can usually be changed by plugging the unit into a wall socket. Usually on adapter power the power off feature takes longer to kick in than on batteries.

Gary ;)

According to the manual I just received, you were dead on. Hold down the tone button and turn the keyboard on. lol However, I run this keyboard on the power supply only and it does shut off after 6 minutes. Will be using the tone button from now on.

Reaction score
It's hard to believe that I came here late late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning looking for a manual that I have not been able to find. Even Casio couldn't direct me to a manual. Within an hour, I've got a link to the manual and have it ordered.
SeaGtGruff How you found that link is beyond me. LMAO

happyrat1- your info was invaluable. I downloaded the 1100 manual at your suggestion and was able to garner at least some info that was relevant to the 1000 that got me started on my quest to learning this keyboard.

I believe that you both went above and beyond to help a stranger. For that I am extremely grateful. I can't thank you enough.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I prefer "Throw me the money" (after "Show me the money") to make sure it's thrown in the "right" direction! ;) Okay, I confess, it's really just that I like puns!

Rob, what I sometimes do with PDF photocopies of manuals-- especially if the pages are oriented sideways, or two pages are copied side-by-side-- is use a PDF utility to "clean them up." That may even involve copying the image of each page into a graphics editor so it can be rotated an odd number of degrees as appropriate, or so dark spots can be removed, etc., and then print the image to a PDF file. The only drawback is that merging the individual pages back into a single PDF file may mess up the page numbering in the document-- although if the original PDF photocopy contained pages that were copied side-by-side, the page numbers in the document are already messed up!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
He could also possibly use an OCR program to convert it to machine text after a quick manual edit to fix the errors those programs usually make.

What I'd also suggest is that once he has a cleaned up version that he should upload it to a few free manual websites so everyone with the same keyboard doesn't have to go thru the same hoops he did.

I'd say copyright is not a worry since the sleazebags who sold it to him are already violating Casio's copyright to begin with. At least if it were released to public domain nobody would ever be able to sell Casio's work at a profit again and the only people who'd benefit are the owners of legacy Casios who are actually legally entitled to that information.

Normally I'd never violate someone's IP but the guys who sold it to him are crooks to begin with :eek:

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I was also going to suggest uploading a cleaned-up version so others can download it for free. :)

There are sites that host manuals for free downloading, and I'm sure such a site would be happy to receive a copy.

Or a better idea might be to email a copy to Casio so they can add it to their manual archive-- I'm sure they'd like to add it to their archive if they could!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't email a copy to Casio. As they are the original authors they made a conscious decision not to preserve the original in PDF format even though I am willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that they possess at least one hardcopy original in their archives.

To further aggravate the situation they may even take it into their minds to enforce their copyright and demand that all copies be destroyed. In fact they may even be required to do so if the original manual was produced under a contract to a third party.

Best option is to simply upload anonymously to all the free PDF DOC sites out there already and let nature take its course :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question