Casio CTK-1500 audio clipping/distort on key press

Reaction score
So I have had this for about a month, just recently getting into pianos, I have played on it pretty consistently ever since I got it. I had no problems until about a couple days before this post where when pressing multiple keys I the sound is sort of distorted and is similar to when audio from a mic peaks when a person speaks too loud or whatnot. When playing high notes the problem isn’t that noticeable but I pretty much can’t play more than half of the keys on it without noticing the audio problem.

I would take this to an appropriate place to have this checked but COVID makes this pretty difficult since I don’t drive so any help is appreciated.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Probably a failing output transistor in the audio circuit.

Covid or not, take it to a qualified audio technician and he can probably fix it up for you.

Or else sell it as is on Craigslist and take the money and buy another, newer Casio.

It honestly would cost more to have it repaired professionally than you would pay for a new one in the Black Friday sales.

A new one would probably be an upgrade.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Does this model load samples? Years ago i had a synth that I loaded samples into. When the battery drained from lack of use (after a month or so) the samples would get corrupted and sound like you describe. I would have to recharge the backup battery (rechargeable ni-cad) by leaving the keyboard on for an extended period of time then reload the samples.

Ask a Question