Casio CTK 810 connected to windows 10 sending a pulsating signal to the computer.

Reaction score
My CASIO CTK 810 IN Keyboard is connected to windows 10 using the driver CCUSBX64 ( which I had downloaded from CASIO site) ....The system recognizes the keyboard ....(The ASIO4ALL V2 sound driver is used by the DAW softwares for I/O)......The key inputs from the keyboard get recorded by the DAW softwares.....

But the PROBLEM is that if a CHORD is played fast or repeatedly on the keyboard then a pulsating signal is sent by the keyboard continuously to the computer ( Irrespective of the DAW software I am using)......After trying a lot of setting changes in the keyboard the problem persists.....:eek:

I have tried the same keyboard on a Windows 7 (32 bit) computer with a different (CASIO CTK 810 IN) 32 bit driver......Astonishingly the problem vanished.......But that driver will not work in my 64 bit machine.......Again I can not change my upgraded 64 bit:D computer and softwares to 32 bit now......Perhaps a better driver(other than CCUSBX64) is needed:rolleyes:.....at least I think so.....

Please, any one advice me on this matter.....

Reaction score
Not sure on this one. The symptoms don't quite fit, but try going into the CTK-810's MIDI settings, and turning "Local" OFF, to ensure that this is not some kind of MIDI echo loop. See the right hand column of Page E-52 of the manual for instructions.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Sometimes a USB-MIDI driver might have settings that you can change. I don't know whether Casio's drivers have any such settings, but it might be worth looking to see.

Reaction score
Not sure on this one. The symptoms don't quite fit, but try going into the CTK-810's MIDI settings, and turning "Local" OFF, to ensure that this is not some kind of MIDI echo loop. See the right hand column of Page E-52 of the manual for instructions.

Dear Sir,

Also tried the Local OFF option , but that also did not work.....Again I had an idea to take the keyboard to the FACTORY SETTING state.....I searched the entire CTK 810 manual (page by page 3 times) but could not find that setting option.....Is there any factory setting option for CTK 810 ?

Again tried to install the 32 bit driver( which was working fine on windows 7 32 bit) by enabling windows 10 to accept the 32 bit driver but failed .....

Please advice ......If possible .....sorry for disturbing both of you on such a tiny matter....

Reaction score
Sometimes a USB-MIDI driver might have settings that you can change. I don't know whether Casio's drivers have any such settings, but it might be worth looking to see.
Dear Sir,
I searched the control panel and net( as per your suggestion ) but no such driver setting option was found where settings may be changed .....
Trying on the net for such driver control suggestions....
Thanks for the suggestion & please suggest any other way of approach to the problem.....Thanks sir

Reaction score
Your keyboard is not compatible with Windows 10.

See the information on the Casio website.

As I see your options are to obtain a second user Windows 7 / 8 laptop or to make your Windows 10 machine dual boot.

I have my Boot Disc fitted inside a fixed cradle, I simply open the flap remove the hard drive and insert my other hard drive that has the Windows 7 OS and old Adobe CS 3 and 5.5 software installed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your keyboard is not compatible with Windows 10.

See the information on the Casio website.

As I see your options are to obtain a second user Windows 7 / 8 laptop or to make your Windows 10 machine dual boot.

I have my Boot Disc fitted inside a fixed cradle, I simply open the flap remove the hard drive and insert my other hard drive that has the Windows 7 OS and old Adobe CS 3 and 5.5 software installed.

Thank you sir,
I have an external Hard Drive ....I think I should load 64 bit windows 7 there and the 64 bit driver for windows 7 there and adopt the procedure for dual boot.....This driver will work there well......I think.....let me try....Again thank you for your suggestion.......

Ask a Question