Casio Ctk keyboards

Reaction score
I downloaded Anvil and when I try to open a Casio cm2 file it tells me it will only play midi or wav files. Did I misunderstand you saying that Anvill will play cm2 files?

The Y_man

Reaction score
I downloaded Anvil and when I try to open a Casio cm2 file it tells me it will only play midi or wav files. Did I misunderstand you saying that Anvill will play cm2 files?

No they need to be saved as a SMF (standard midi file).
Does your keyboard have an optin to save as an SMF? My CTK-7000 has th eoption to save a song as SMF (as per A Dawson's post above)

The Y-man

Reaction score
No... I don't think it does. It's at church along with the manual so I'm flying blind.

The Y_man

Reaction score
I'm reading the manual..... it doesn't look hopeful.

The cm2 files are the built in songs.
What you could try is something suggested earlier in this thread - connect up the board to your laptop/pc with a usb cable, run Anvil with the midi input set to USB device (ie. the casio), set Anvil to record and play back the song on the keyboard.

Never tried it myself - might give it a go when I get home tonight :)

The Y-man

Reaction score
I found my old file in an old computer with all the midi versions of the hymns so I'm out of the woods for now. Later when I add some I'm convert them to swf and copy them to the card.

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
OK.... Next problem in a row.... I got over my last hurdles with only a little bit of pain and now have a new one. I've down loaded some hymns that came as mp3, so now I have to covert them to midi so smf can covert them to cm2. What program is there that will simply convert the files with out a whole bunch of bells and whistles? And expense?

Reaction score
OK.... Next problem in a row.... I got over my last hurdles with only a little bit of pain and now have a new one. I've down loaded some hymns that came as mp3, so now I have to covert them to midi so smf can covert them to cm2. What program is there that will simply convert the files with out a whole bunch of bells and whistles? And expense?

Hi forget it!
Sorry to dissapoint you but short but sure, you can not convert mp3 into midi. It can work sometimes a bit only if the mp3 is ONE single instrument, like a solo piano or so.
There are programs claim that it is possible but they are bad to very bad. These programs have to regognize every instrument in de mp3-file and they can't, specially not if there are also human voices included, Period!
As a (retired) sound-engineer and keyboard enthousiast I have tried it many times. The simple reason is that mp3 is music and midi is, lets say a sort of computer language.
The other way around yes, you can make CD-quality recordings from midi's into WAV or MP3. But that's another (easy) story.

Regards
DickR

Reaction score
I guess it was tog much of a good thing to find all the gyms I needed in one place to play thru the key board. I guess i' ll have to figure out a Plan B.

Although your a bearers
of bad news.... Thanks.

Ask a Question