Casio ctk7000 pedal question

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a CTK 7000.

I would like to use an expression pedal, especially in the organ mode, but the manual says there are only 4 functions available to the pedal.

Would an expression pedal like a Yamaha FC7 work to control expression (aka volume)?

Thx

J

Reaction score
No it wouldn't work, because the CTK 7000 has only a sustain assignable jack; an expression pedal only works when the machine has a special expression jack.:(

Reaction score
Figures. How about the WK 7500, the 76 key version? The specs say its "assignable". Maybe it will handle the expression pedal?

Many thanks, I appreciate the info.

J

Reaction score
A year ago I had the WK7500 myself for two weeks and one of the reasons to give it back within the 30-days retour garantie was, that there was no expression pedal. So I think no casio instrument has a volume or expression pedal as far as I know.

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Many thanks for the information. Probably going to purchase the 7000 unless I can find a super deal on a WK7500

Other than the expression issue, what did you think of the keyboard overall?

Thanks again!

J

Reaction score
Hej Hartland&Wolff

for the WK-7500 I found the following 'not so good' things:

• no midi in/out connection
  • to small display
  • to small buttons and hard to read the small letters under the buttons
  • 'drawbars' have only 4 instead of normally 8 levels
  • no balance between the keyboard and the audio-out-Speakers, you can only turn the keboard speakers off
  • no volume- or expression pedal connection possible.
Anbd here I found an interesting link for a minus of the wk-7500:
https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/a-question-about-the-casio-wk-7500.24018/#post-162943

and here a further interesting link, especially DickR's opinion:

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/wk-7500.22595/

If it is financially possible in your case I would buy a used Yamaha keyboard; but it depends what you want to do with it and this I don't know.

Reaction score
Many thanks for the info and links. I'm using a Yamaha at present but not very happy with it for what I'm doing. Like most keyboards, some will love the 7000/7500, others won't, its often a question of limitations and features. I'll probably end up purchasing the 7000, it would seem to meet my needs. I already have a Peavey 1500 keyboard amp, so I'm set in that regard.

You've given me a wealth of information, and I do appreciate it!

Thx again,

J

Ask a Question