Casio KBs: USB Driver for Win 7 64 bit do not exist

Reaction score
I have Casio LK-300Tv KB. Get new notebook (previous with Win XP died). Attempt to install driver from CASIO website was unsuccseful. mge read : You have to use 64 bit driver. Send e-mail to tech support. Week ago .. No reply. Contacted tech support (Canadian 800 number didnt respond : Said can not be reached from my (Ontario) area). Contacted US number and then after 4 different customer reps transfer get to their tech support. They said what Win7 64 is not supported and to her best knowledge will not be. I asked what exactly I suppose to do? Answer : Instal WIN XP 32 bit....:eek: I couldnt believe what I heard .....So be very careful while choosing CASIO products .. Seems that their tech suuport is not that very Customer friendly.. I wonder if there is work around this problem though ? ON one of the forums tech geeks said that I can try to download Win 7 WDK and use dpinst64.exe but others said that this would not work as the driver data itself have to be changed too by the manufacurer..(Oh Caio...I didnt expect that such a big name manufacturer could be so lousy with thier product support) .Thank you guys in advance for any support ...if any..

Reaction score
Hi goldi ....Thank u indeed for pointing to CASIO resourse You mean "right" that they do not hide that they do not even care to produce proper support (driver update) for their products ..thus basically stating that I have either to change KB eveytime the Microsoft will change the Operating System or keep MS XP / Win 7 (32bit) live just to have this only drive rfunction ...????!!!! Well if that is a policy I rather spent extra bucks and buy decent KB which have a proven record of proper support by manufacturer....No CASIO products in my enviroment in the future ...

Reaction score
Hej, hej Vik24,

yes it is very disappointing that Casio does not be on the level of time; especially when you think about the soon coming Windows 8.

Reaction score
Almost the entire Casio keyboard line does support Windows 7, 64.
That would include all Privia PX-130, PX-330, PX-730, PX-830
Celviano AP-220, AP-420, AP-620
and portables CTK-2000, CTK-2100, CTK-3000, CTK-4000, CTK-4200, CTK-5000, CTK-6000, CTK-7000, LK-230, LK-240, LK-270, LK-280 and WK-200, WK-500, WK-6500 and WK-7500.

Here at the US we haven't carried the LK300 since I've been working at Casio (over 3 years) I'm not familiar with the model. That being said there other models that we do not carry here.

-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

Reaction score
I found on youtube instructions how to use a roland p 50 driver
followed the instructions and it works fine on win 7 x64 for a lk-300

Reaction score
I have been using the modified Edirol driver for some years now to connect my WK-3800 to Vista-64. It has worked well, but modifying the Edirol files is not for the faint of heart. The Edirol driver set consists of several files, and knowing which line to change in which file and what to change it to really requires you to have a pretty good idea of what you are doing . . . . but not to worry ! When I first connected the CTK-6000 to the Vista-64 machine, Vista just went online to the Windows Update site and downloaded a generic driver. All those new keyboards listed above by Mike Martin don't require much in the way of drivers (They couldn't, or they wouldn't work with the iPad.), so the CTK-6000 worked fine with the generic driver while the WK-3800 continued to work with the modified Edirol driver. Today, I noticed that Casio had a Win7-64 driver on the Support Download website. On a hunch, I downloaded it and installed it on Vista-64. Now, both the CTK-6000 and the WK-3800 are using it just fine. Odd though, whichever keyboard I connect first shows up in Sonar's MIDI Device Menu as "MK USB MIDI" and whichever one I connect second shows up as "Casio USB MIDI", but the Vista Device Manager shows both drivers as being from Casio. At any rate, I am not going to complain. I have both of them working just fine, so come on all you disgruntled WK-3800 owners. Get over to the Casio Support site and download the Win7-64 driver (whether you have Win7-64 or Vista-64), download it, install it, connect your WK-3800 and ENJOY ! ! !

You can find the driver here:

http://support.casio.com/download.php?cid=008&pid=340&rgn=2

Scroll down and look for the following section:

USB-MIDI Driver

Digital Keyboards/ Pianos/ Key Lighting Digital Piano PL-40R

• Supported operating systems:
Windows® 7(64-bit)
Driver Download: CCUSBX64_INST.zip (266KB)

Click on the Download button.

Ask a Question