Casio keyboard keeps shutting off

Reaction score
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I have a Casio keyboard that does not want to stay on. When I first started playing on it, it worked just fine. I recently moved and unfortunately the chord to it was lost. I put batteries in it, no problems, but not long after it started making weird noises and then it would shut off. I thought maybe it just needed new batteries. So I put new ones in but about a couple weeks later it started doing the same thing. There's got to be something wrong cause batteries usually don't drain that fast? Right? Anyway I opened it up and everything seemed to look okay( mind you, I'm not too knowledgeable about stuff like that). I read about somebody having a similar problem so I tried holding the power button down but it still shuts off after about 45 sec. Any ideas?
Thank you!

Reaction score
Why dont you just invest in a new power cord and see if that resolves the issue? You didnt say which model Casio it is; look on the back on the keyboard. Five things you need to know in order to replace the power cord:
  • Is it an AC or DC power supply
  • How many amps or milliamps is the power supply required to output
  • The plug type, i.e. is it a barrelled end and the size of the plug
  • Is the plug center positive or center negative
  • What is the voltage, i.e. 12 volt, 9 volt, that the power supply needs to output
All of this should be stamped on the back of the keyboard (or in the owners manual) except for the plug type. You'll have to observe what the plug type looks like. Often times in the manual they might even mention the make and model # (or the part number) of the power supply in which case google is your friend. Typically a $15 item.

Also, regulated power supplies are better than non-regulated. They cost a couple of dollars more but supply cleaner and more consistent amperage which overall is better for the electronics inside your keyboard.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Also, regulated power supplies are better than non-regulated. They cost a couple of dollars more but supply cleaner and more consistent amperage which overall is better for the electronics inside your keyboard.

A slight correction Dave. REGULATED SUPPLIES ARE A MUST for Casios.

Using a non regulated supply where one is called for is a sure fire recipe for disaster and the destruction of the appliance connected.

Merry Xmas Folks :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question