Casio LK 73 V.S. Yamaha PSR 295

Reaction score
I am going to buy one of these on Kijiji, so I was wondering which one should I buy. A comparison list would be great too, thanks!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I once owned a Yamaha PSR295.
A great unit for beginners. I started from scratch on this. It has numerous accompaniments and voices. Heaps of functions.
It is now obsolete as a new model, getting old (maybe 10 years or more) so I would expect you will be buying it second hand. In which case don't pay anymore than $200.00 absolute MAX.
You can buy later versions new for not much more.
But if you are a beginner, I would certainly consider this one. If you have any questions about it, ask me. I had mine for many years.

Sorry I know nothing about the Casio LK 73.

cheers

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Since you're buying on Kijiji and given the age of the units I'd say neither one is worth more than $50 CDN. Otherwise you could buy better new at Best Buy for less than $130 CDN.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...tric-keyboard-ctk-2400-ctk-2400/10304519.aspx

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/electric-keyboards/29366.aspx

The Casio has a slight edge in that it has the larger keyboard though both of them are limited in tones to roughly the 128 tone GM set.

And don't let the lighted keys sway your decision. They're a gimmick that don't really teach you anything about playing keyboard.

And if you do end up buying used bring along a friend who knows keyboards to help evaluate the units and make sure every key, switch and button and knob is functioning properly. Also bring some headphones along to test the headphone jack.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for helping out! I didn't expect people to ACTUALLY reply in a DAY. Anyways, what is the value for a used value for a Yamaha CP 300?

Ask a Question