Casio PX130/Casio CDP-220R hook up to speaker system?

Reaction score
Like many others, I was saddened to find out that the Casio PX130 that I bought did not have a line out connection so that it can be hooked up to external speakers or a sound system.

I've read that there's such a thing as connecting the headphones to a converter which then connects to a sound system.

Does anybody know of this method and whether it works decently or not? Or any other way the PX130 could be hooked up to a sound system? I need to use the keyboard on stage for a performance.

Also, does anyone know if the Casio CDP-220R can be hooked up to external speakers/sound system?

Thanks in advanced! :D

The Y_man

Reaction score
If it has got a headphone port, just use a relevant cable (either stereo phone plug to whatever is on your amp) to connect it from there straight to the amp. Keep the volume on the keyboard low (and use the amps volume control), otherwise you'll distort.

Reaction score
Like many others, I was saddened to find out that the Casio PX130 that I bought did not have a line out connection so that it can be hooked up to external speakers or a sound system.

I've read that there's such a thing as connecting the headphones to a converter which then connects to a sound system.

Does anybody know of this method and whether it works decently or not? Or any other way the PX130 could be hooked up to a sound system? I need to use the keyboard on stage for a performance.

Also, does anyone know if the Casio CDP-220R can be hooked up to external speakers/sound system?

Thanks in advanced! :D
yes rapco makes a computer inter face device which has a blanced xrl line out works great.

Ask a Question