Casio Sequencer Help Needed

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have been using the sequencer on the ctk 7000 and find it to be an amazing tool . But I have a couple of questions I would be really happy to get some answers on.

1. After finishing a recording and adding mixing parameters how do I properly save these changes to my piece ? I can save my song to the card but find it reverts to the pre-mix settings. Is it possible to save a piece of music on the sequencer with the mixing effects applied for example ?

2. Is there any way to transpose a section of a recording and save it ? I have a piano piece recorded on the sequencer and would like to transpose the last section up a tone and save it. I could go through the event editor and do it note by note but it would take forever ! I notice the keyboard and the sequencer are locked in together in sequencer mode. By applying a transposition in sequencer mode both the recorded material and the keyboard notes are transposed together at the same time. So I can't seem to do this after I've recorded.

Best Regards

Conor

Reaction score
Conor

Long time - no speak ! Good to hear from you. Glad to see you are still at it with the "7000".

1:

With your song loaded into the "Song Sequencer" and the CTK-7000 in "Song Sequencer" mode, press the "<<REW" transport button to make sure you are at the very start of the song. Next go to the Mixer screen and set up the Mixer parameters the way you want. Now do a "Panel Record" per the section titled "Using Panel Record to Rewrite Song Header Settings" starting at the top of the right hand column on Page 78 of the manual. Pay particular attention to the list of items that can be recorded with this feature at the start of this section, especially those items that pertain to the Mixer.

2:

For a bulk transpose of a section of your song, you could try to insert a "Part Course Tune" [CRS TUNE] event at the beginning and end of the section you want to transpose. In order to keep everything in tune, you would need to do this for the exact same section of every tuned instrument track in your song that has note data in the "transposed" section. See the table titled "Track 01 to 16 Events" on the lower half of Page 89. In this sense, Casio is using the word "Part" to be synonymous with the word "Track" in a multi-track recording. I have never tried this, so can not guarantee how successful it may be in accomplishing what you want, but it would probably be worth a try in order to avoid the tedious task of a note-by-note transpose. I recommend saving a copy of your song to an SD Card first - but as a Casio Song File - NOT as a Standard MIDI File (SMF). If you save (export) it to the SD Card as a SMF, you will not be able to bring it back into the Song Sequencer.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ted

Yes, I am still trying ! It's an excellent piece of gear and I hope to master the technical side some day. I am slowly improving. As for my keyboard skills that's another matter !

Thanks for that Ted . I am currently working on a commission to compose a twenty minute piece for a group of young musicians in Connemara. There will be a performance in November so the pressure is on ! But I have finished the composition and am at the recording stage - that's what brought me back here . I usually run into problems in this area.

The sounds I can get out of the CTK 7000 are excellent for this kind of work. It's a dream come true for anybody who want's to compose and record in any genre. Almost any sound can be tweaked to the desired effect. Subject to one's technical competence to work the various parameters of course.

I will let you know how I got on with your advise. I will upload a section very shortly on the forum. It would be a good help to get some critical comments, good or bad.

In the meantime it's back to the keyboard !

Thanks again for all your help

Regards

Conor

Reaction score
Ted

Yes, I am still trying ! It's an excellent piece of gear and I hope to master the technical side some day. I am slowly improving. As for my keyboard skills that's another matter !

Thanks for that Ted . I am currently working on a commission to compose a twenty minute piece for a group of young musicians in Connemara. There will be a performance in November so the pressure is on ! But I have finished the composition and am at the recording stage - that's what brought me back here . I usually run into problems in this area.

The sounds I can get out of the CTK 7000 are excellent for this kind of work. It's a dream come true for anybody who want's to compose and record in any genre. Almost any sound can be tweaked to the desired effect. Subject to one's technical competence to work the various parameters of course.

I will let you know how I got on with your advise. I will upload a section very shortly on the forum. It would be a good help to get some critical comments, good or bad.

In the meantime it's back to the keyboard !

Thanks again for all your help

Regards

Conor
A

Reaction score
Thanks again for that Ted it worked out fine. I can now save the settings properly by following this.
As for the bulk transposition of a selected piece I don't think it's possible.
You can hear the finished tracks as mp3 at www.theconnemarasuite.com

Ask a Question