Casio WK 1250

Reaction score
Hi! I have a Casio WK 1250 . In those days, you had the possibility to save your song to an internal memory but not to a memory card. There's a feature that allows you to dump your MIDI bulk information ...to a machine as they say in the user's manual. What kind of machine are they talking about and what bulk information means? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,

The Roland I have has the same option, never used it mind but I am nearly certain
that you would need to connect the keyboard to a computer via either a USB conection
or a midi connection and then dump it to the computer. The roland I have also allows you to
restore midi information, but this would overwrite what was already on the keyboard

Hope this helps a little ................. George

Reaction score
Well...it seems "bulk dumping" can be done on any computer/laptop...as long as you got the right software. I'm in touch with somebody at Casio. The guy has been of some help to a point but now seems I will have to find out on my own. So far, it seems that the midi-ox software allows you to "bulk dump" but it's far from being obvious. It also seems that you can use the "bulk dump" feature to change(or ad) sounds on a keyboard/synthesizer. Will keep trying.

Reaction score
Hi! Basically. what I wanted to do was, to transfer stuff from my keyboard to my laptop. The WK-1250 is pretty limited with memory. You don't have the possibility to save anything to a memory card. The internal memory allows you to save only 2 songs of 6 tracks each( I think you're also limited to 5,000 notes or something like that). So, when the memory is full, I would like to be able to save that stuff to a file on my laptop and then...be able to bring it back with all the tracks still separated and editable. In fact, I'm not really sure a "bulk dump" would allow this?
It's just in my research that I did discover you can ad new sounds to a keyboard using "bulk dump". I don't know how to do this yet but...out of the 200 sounds there is on the WK-1250, there's more than half of them that I don't care about so I wouldn't mind replacing them by something better.

Reaction score
Hi,
The Roland manual for mine says,
Bulk Dump. You can use this to transmit user programs and song data via MIDI to an external device ?
So if you have a midi connection or a usb on the board it should its should be a goer ?
Its not like your deleting it but just making a copy of it. Not sure about loading new tone/style via a bulk load mind
If you do please keep us updated ........ George

Reaction score
Well...I did a "bulk dump" and, there isn't much of any use in there. It look like this:

The thing about adding new sounds to your keyboard...apparently you can use an editor(if you can find one) or you can create your own editor(if you know how).
The most basic thing that can be done to add new sounds to your keyboard while using a "bulk dump" is that if you know somebody that has the same (brand and model) keyboard as you and they have created their own new sounds (patches)then if they make a "bulk dump" and then give you that file( full off 00 00 00) and if you then make a "bulk receive" of that file you will get those new sounds on your keyboard.
The Casio WK-1250 that I have allows you to create new sounds...starting from existing sounds. It's pretty crude but you can do something different. 10 of those new sounds can be saved as user's sound in the keyboard's memory. If I do a "bulk dump" of my keyboard and give you the file of the "bulk dump" if you also have a WK -1250 then you just have to do a "bulk receive" of the file and you will automatically get my 32 new sounds uploaded to your keyboard.
Apparently you can find free patches online for new sounds but I would think that for a Casio keyboard, they will be rare. Maybe with a Roland, Korg or Yamaha one would be more lucky.

Ask a Question