Casio WK-7500 or YAMAHA PSR E433?

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Im a new Guy to the forum.I only started playing back recently.At the moment Im using fairly old keyboard which is a Roland E-16.I wanna upgrade to one of the above keyboards.
Im looking for something up to 400 pounds with a nice sounds and nice patterns.
I have seen on YouTube that Yamaha has got a DJ option,You have a option to play a little bit with a techno music,does Casio have similiar mixing option?Which one of them is gonna have better sounds?
Does Yamaha give You opportunity to create own patterns as well?Can You buy an additional patterns somwhere else to any of them and load them through the USB?
Many Thanks
Damian

The Y_man

Reaction score
I believe the Yamaha is easier to find patterns (style files .sty) than for a Casio - for that reason, I'll probably go Yamaha in the next round of equipment refresh (still a few years away!)

The Y-man

Reaction score
When You create Your own tracks on Y do they
Actually save like a mp3 format if You save them on
Usb stick?
I have seen both of them in the shop today,still not
Sure...

The Y_man

Reaction score
On the Casio, you can save as a SMF (.mid file)

There is an option to do an audio save as a wav file, but I have had issues with it (halts and skips)

The Y-man

Reaction score
Thanks for Your advice Y man.Got myself a Yamaha.
I have created a techno track on it already with using dj feature on it.Its brilliant,really like it.
Here is a link if You wanna have a look.
All the best.

Reaction score
Hello Y man,
I am not sure what you mean "halts and skips", but if it is during recording onto a USB stick, it is happening because of gaps in the saved media (ie "fragmented" files). Either save to a brand new stick, or off load all your files, format the stick and resave the files, so there are no gaps. Hope this is what you meant............................

.........................Pat

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hi Pat,

When I record and play back using the onboard recorder (onto onboard memeory - CTK has an SDHC slot, but you don't record real time to the card), there's some sort of problem with the wav file it creates....

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hi Pat,

When I record and play back using the onboard recorder (onto onboard memeory - CTK has an SDHC slot, but you don't record real time to the card), there's some sort of problem with the wav file it creates....

The Y-man

Hi Y-man, I got a WK-7600 and I noticed that problem you referred about skips when record is made from sequencer to the SDHC card. First I did set master volume to 100 in the mixer, that fixed a bit the problem, but still I had some skips. Then I found out that my card was a class 4, so I bought a class 10 card and I got rid from those awful skips once and for all. I hope this helps.

Ask a Question