Casio WK3500 samples and loading

DMS

Reaction score
Goal is simple - to find sources of synth samples and load them to my Casio WK3500... can someone please provide guidance on the format of the sample sounds I should be looking for"- specifically, let's say I want to buy Prophet or Farfisa sample packs on eBay.. etc... Can someone provide guidance on the file format and type I have to make sure is included? Example - "anything that comes as a sampled sound in .WAV format will work... or ... make sure that the sample format meets these criteria" Next, I assume I need to load some type of file like a .WAV to a floppy and then load the floppy to the Casio. Is it as simple as that? I do have a manual, but find it hard to get to the simplified "how to do it" procedure..

Finally, since I'm a total newbie here... what's the gist of how sampled sounds get loaded and turned into all 76 keys/notes? Example... "you will get a single .WAV file for whatever sound you are looking for.... that single .WAV file is loaded to the Casio, and the Casio figures out how to turn that single file into all of its 76 keys/notes. Once done, it just gets assigned a sound number like all sound numbers. Once you select that number, you get the sampled sound in all 76 notes. Thanks!!! DMS

DMS

Reaction score
Studying the Casio Music Data Management Software... looks like the input format is indeed a WAV file (8bit or 16bit only)... and this software maps wav files to a maximum of 16 keyboard splits, converting raw wav files into whatever format the Casio expects. I guess that means if you purchase a note-by-note sampled Farfisa, you have to pick only 16 wav files (notes), map them to the 16 splits and presumably the music Data Management Software or the Casio itself turn each of the 16 wav files into all adjacent notes.

Reaction score
Indeed, you need the Casio program called IDES, use the Wave Converter to assign wav files to the corresponding notes.
I don't advice you to use only a single .wav file for a tone, in most cases the final tone will sound awful.
Use as many as you can, if you want the tone to sound more natural.
If wav files are 24-bits, use a software to convert them to 16 bit. If the files are too big....1MB is too big for a wav file, as the final tone on your keyboard will have a maximum size of 1,2 MB...you will have to edit it in a wave editor to shorter it, or convert it from stereo to mono.
When you're cutting down .wav files, use a Fade-Out effect on the end of the sound.

Ask a Question