Casio WK3800 woes.

Reaction score
Hello fellow musicians,

I have a problem with Windows 7 x64 bit and my Casio WK 3800. When I use the USB plug Windows 7 cannot find drivers even though I have showed the wizard where to look. I downloaded the USB drivers from the support page @ www.casio blah blah. And all the appropiate software and the USB drivers....Thing is though this keyboard has never been installed on this system b4. The page says that these are drivers to replace the old one's and it gives you steps. I've called casio....no solution. Posted on Windows 7 ask site. No one will even touch this problem. Only solution I can think of is to repartition my HDD install 32 bit Windows XP and see if I can dual boot this thing. I would really appreciate it if someone show me an answer or maybe something I have tried to google yet. Anywho's thank you for mugglin around in my little problem ....

Sincerely,
Patrick W.
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Just want whoever is reading this to realize i've spen 20 @#$@#$@#$ @! #$@#$@#%#@$%@# hours looking for a solution one is dual boot the @#$@#$@# A@#$@#$)@!*(#&$ ){( @#$ @#
FUK
]machine

Chinese build SHIT

Reaction score
Are there win7 x64 drivers available at all?

Maybe there are no x64 drivers available, or you downloaded the wrong ones. Try contacting CASIO support via Email

Reaction score
After 29 hours straight.......I am so tired.

I was successful installing a Casio WK-3800 Windows 7
Home Premium x64!!!
I tried to use Yamaha, Korg, M-Audio, and some other drivers I don't remember and
they did not work.

I then downloaded the driver
for PC-50 from

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=745&tab=downloads&skip=true

(but I bet any of them would work) from Roland. All I did was change the hardware ID
in the INF file under

[Roland.NTamd64.6.1]
;; Windows7
%RDID0053DeviceDesc%=RDID0053Install, USB\VID_07CF&PID_6802
;; USB\VID_07CF&PID_6802

The ID is after the comma and that one is from the Casio keyboard i have. The
hardware ID for your keyboard can be found in device manager. Just choose your
hardware/keyboard and go to "details" and choose "hardware id" from the drop down
menu and put that after the comma. It will start with "USB" since it is a usb
devise. There may be more than one ID but the first one works for me. Then just do
a manual install by right clicking "computer" or "my computer" and click "device
manager" tab. Then find your keyboard (probably a yellow exclamation mark next to
it) and double click it. Then go to the "driver" tab and click "update driver".
Then choose "Browse my Computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list
of device drivers on my computer", then "Have Disk..." and browse for the INF file
you just put the hardware ID in and click "open".

You now have a working Casio keyboard for a 64 bit or x64 operating system
If you have any questions, my email is (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed) but I'm gonna sleep now I'm really tired and spent.

PS - I wk 3800 does ****OFFICIALLY**** work with Fruity Loops. Havnt tried the other casio software but I will when I catch up on my sleep. *****yawn***

Reaction score
:pOk so just to summ up. I got drivers that will alllow your casio wk-3400 to talk to a music program. Me for example use Fruity Loops. I can play the cool sounds from a different synthesizer. It's neat. I could also record if I wanted to. HOWEVER....this is not a fix for the DataManager program. I want to emphasize that. Hope I didnt get your hope's up.:rolleyes:

I burnt myself out on researching this so I'm taking a short break....and will continue my research on getting this thing to work. Wish I would of been a computer programmer this would be a cinch. And if you have any problems feel free to email me at (e-mail address removed) Hope this helps the few souls that got suckered into buying a keyboard without support from it's own makers. Talk about weak.

Ask a Question