CASIOTONE 501 repair/ distorted output

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have just discovered this forum (so 1st time poster) and was hoping that someone may be able to help me out with an issue that I am having with a Casiotone 501.

The keyboard powers up fine and all is operational but when playing the keyboard, certain notes will randomly produce a loud and distorted output. I am hoping that I can perform some type of DIY repair and wondered if any one here has had this issue with their 501 or similar Casiotone keyboard and could perhaps point me in the right direction regarding the issue and how to resolve it.

Not sure if this was the appropriate place to post this thread but if the moderator feels it best suited to another section of this forum then please feel free to move it.

Many thanks on advance.

Reaction score
As an additional note, when playing any of the keyboards internal rhythm accompaniments there is never any distortion to the audio output. The random distortion only occurs when playing one of the preset instruments and when this distortion occurs it only affects the instrument and not the accompanying rhythm.

Reaction score
I have this old kbd CT601 with the exact same symptoms, Distortion occurs to me for all keys, I will start by taking it apart and clear the contacts and go from there, yeah it is cheaper to just get another one but we like the challenge

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

I hope you get it working correctly, and do keep us informed about the outcome of cleaning the contacts.

Ask a Question