Casiotone CT S1000v

Reaction score
New Casiotone CTS1000v demonstrated at NAMM Believe in Music 2022.

700 tones, 200+ rhythms includes a text to vocal processor that they have just been demonstrating non stop for 3/4 hour, I’m sick of its cheesey effect already.

No online info or video as yet.

Reaction score
I watched some of the live broadcast, and yes the voice thing is clever, but it'll get boring quickly and was overused in the demo.
On the up side I did get to play with the YouTube blocking feature

3dc

Reaction score
I just love @happyrat1 subtle way of describing keyboards he doesn't like. Like I would rather shoot myself in my leg then buy this thing. :D

Casiotone CT S1000v is not a professional keyboard but its definitely good enough for newbies. My only critique is lame 64 polyphony and no proper midi controller design. Entry level controls, like couple of knobs, sliders, pads, pitch band and mod wheel.

In 2022 where a lot people use DAW and at this price point this should be a no brainer.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What I'm expecting is that now that Casio has married Text to Speech and Text to MIDI that others will offer this feature as a MIDI app for your phone or computer, or as a standalone module.

Really it's just taking text to speech and running it thru a vocoder.

I'm not even sure if they can hold a patent on the idea.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Casiotone S100v is $450 at Sweetwater whilst their CT X5000 is $450, that to me makes no sense at all.

The S500 has exactly the same sounds but no text to tone at $350

Add another $100 and a Korg EK50 is $550

The new Yamaha PSR E473 is probably about $400

No contest even ignoring the cheesey text to tone the Casio is least desirable, imo that is.

Casiotone and I think of a keyboard aimed at kids, yet their promo and marketing seems to try and align it at serious musicians, or am I being dense again?

Reaction score
I think it was a mistake on their part labeling a Casiotone, unless they are trying to get rid of the "kids toy" thing people can't shake, in which case the splash of red didn't help either.

The couple of videos I've watched seem to suggest it's a very capable instrument, albeit with an interesting, if potentially annoying feature.

As you'll probably remember I have a Casio and am very new to this, but if you'd have asked me about Casiotone a month ago I too would have thought of cheap keyboards sold in Argos, this is unfortunately the what most people appear to think too and certainly there does seem to be a lot of snobbery around Casio in general and Casiotone specifically, and this only worsens if you go to the nastier places of the Internet like reddit or discord groups.

3dc

Reaction score
Casiotone and I think of a keyboard aimed at kids, yet their promo and marketing seems to try and align it at serious musicians, or am I being dense again?

No you are spot on. Which again is sad. They missed the opportunity to integrate a simple FM synth or midi controller, then it would be worth every penny.
The price is high but I suspect they will lower it down eventually. There is simply no way this Casiotone can be in the same league of
Thomann AK-X1100, Yamaha PSR-EW425, Korg EK-50 L or Korg i3 unless you die hard CASIO fan. :)

Ask a Question