Casiotone Mt-70 ~ help w/ repair

Reaction score
I recently purchased an MT-70 and it functions well except for one thing.

Regardless of being plugged in through a monitor or the built in speaker, the audio distorts randomly (with every setting). I don't have any experience working on keyboards, however I do have the right tools for working on a circuit board. It's just sitting in a case in my room for the time being, but I'm wondering if it's even worth tickering with. I would be ashamed to damage it, but I'd be bummed to sell it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums . The Casiotone MT-70 (mini) is almost 40 years old so it's not a surprise that it has a problem. Back in the early 80's most people looked at them as more of a toy because of the size, but they also had some followers who love the tiny size. My opinion is that I would not waste resources (time and /or money) trying to repair it. (I personally would rather gift an old keyboard to someone who is passionate about the board than mess it up by my doing exploratory surgery on it. ) If you just love the Mt-70 it and resources are no issue, then go for it. If it has no personal attachment just get rid of it and save the resources. YMMV Don aka B3maniac

Ask a Question