Cassio CTK-611 on/off not working

Reaction score
Hi, All... firstly, I’m not a keyboard player... My son had this CTK611 from new, some years back now, and hardly used it... I’m now sorting out at home and came across it in its box and packaging in the back of a cupboard, where it has sat for probably 10 years...and it looks in brand new condition... I noticed that the power adaptor was missing, but the 9v adaptor I have has the wrong size connector, so I ordered a new one via Amazon... I also bought 6 ‘D’ size batteries to try it out... However, on putting the batteries in, and pressing the power button, it will not start... I see that when the power button is pressed and released the small centre screen flashes once then goes off again...and nothing... I’ve had a look through the user guide that was in the box too, but can’t find anything related to this particular fault... So as power from the batteries is there, and when the new adaptor is delivered, and try it, I will get the same result, so think that there’s nothing wrong with the power supply, and it might simply be a problem with the on/off switch... As yet I have not opened the case to look inside... Can anyone with some experience advise 1) Can you get replacement on/off switches to fit the CTK-611, and 2) is it difficult to replace the switch? I’m a pretty competent DIY’er and have soldering tools, but I’m hoping that the switch will simply be a straight forward replacement with just a micro-plug or simply a couple of small wires soldered to a Printed Circuit Board (PCB), and will be an easy fix... Any and all advice would be appreciated... Thank you...

The Y_man

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't say I have ever seen one before - the keyboard nor the switch.... not sure if moisture or somethings has got to the circuitry. I have a 30+ old yamaha keyboard that I powered up the other day, only to discover half the panel doesn't work (rhythm selection, tempo...)

The Y-man

Reaction score
Does the manual indicate how long you have to hold the switch on for? Perhaps you are releasing the switch too quickly.... Hold it down for a period of 5-10 seconds and see if it works. My newly acquired M-Audio controller comes on immediately, hit the button and it comes on; however to turn it off I have to hold the button for 3 seconds; if not it doesn't turn off.

Ask a Question