Change Default Settings on the FP-30

Reaction score
Dear Forum,

I have an FP-30 keyboard and am pretty happy with it. Whenever I start playing I switch to grand piano 3 and change the touch to heavy. Obviously, this is no big deal, but I would love it if I could change the default settings accordingly so that this becomes the setting right from switching on the piano. In addition, it would be nice, if the default E-piano was celesta and the default Other church organ 1. Does any of you know whether this can be done and, if so, how?

Thanks much in advance,

Peter

Reaction score
Welcome.

Try pressing and holding the Function key, then press and hold the D6 key, then release both keys.

If it has not remembered the setting when you power on the keyboard again try repeating the process but holding the keys down for sat 5s.

Try try again.

Reaction score
Thank you very much, Biggles!

I tried and failed and tried and failed some more. I finally found out that I can save some setting by pressing the function key and then the "stop" key. I cannot change the default instruments (piano 3, celesta, church organ 1 instead of piano 1 and whatever the other two defaults are), but at least some other settings.

Thanks again,

Peter

Reaction score
To store the settings do this:
Hold down the function button and press the record button so that the play/stop and record buttons flash on and off. Then press the record button AGAIN to save the settings (without the function key. The LEDs will all light).
This doesn't store the default instrument sadly but other setting such as brilliance and touch are set/

Ask a Question