Change voices on-the-fly during live performance

Reaction score
Please advise! How can I change the main voice on-the-fly while playing a live performance? Using a YPG-535/DGX530. Working in an open-mike situation, I don't have time to set up everything before the intro, so I need to switch voices on-the-fly (just before the bridge, for example). The manual is incomplete and little help. Registration doesn't work; I want to leave everything but the voice the same. Could Voice alone be saved in Registration memory?

The manual explains voice change while the keyboard is playing a pre-recorded Song (even that doesn't work well -- the voice changes while searching for the next voice). Is there a quick way to change the right-voice at the drop of a hat?

Reaction score
Hawk

Yes ! . . . and you do it with registrations. Set up the entire keyboard with the first voice you want along with ALL other parameters and save that as a registration. Using that reg as a template, change ONLY the voice to the one you want for the second part of the song and save that as a NEW registration. If you want a third voice change, repeat the process. It is best to save your regs into consecutive slots in the same bank so you don't have to switch banks on the fly as well as the individual regs themselves.

Good luck !

Reaction score
Thanks, Ted. Simple enough, if I take a moment to plan the performance of the song, rather than wait to pick a voice while playing the refrain/chorus. I'm thinking I'll set "Vanilla" as #1, then set #2, #3, and #4 with different primary voices. And away we go! I'm using a two-keyboard setup, and that should simplify my upper "bridge" keyboard and allow more flexibility in it.

Regards
Hawkeye96

Ask a Question