and the style (rhythm) Postfix is .sty
Sory may English is "Google English" :(
Maybe someone can talk German? :)

Thanks for the help
Mirojan

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You could try http://4server.info/download/4shared.com/zip/wR4r_L_j/casio_styles-software_stytockf.html

If you search, you can find some pretty good information on the internet about the structure of Yamaha style files, but I don't know what sort of information there is about the structure of Casio rhythm files.

If you want to convert an existing auto accompaniment file into a format that doesn't allow as many sections, you'll need to decide which sections you want to keep, or you could split the sections up to create multiple files in the target format.

Another issue is that the target format may not support the same types of MIDI commands that the original format does, so you may lose things during the conversion.

Also, when converting an auto accompaniment file for one keyboard into an auto accompaniment for another keyboard, you'll need to edit the values in the Bank Select and Program Change messages so that they properly select the desired instrument sounds (Yamaha calls them "voices," Casio calls them "tones") on the target keyboard.

Reaction score
Hello SeaGtGruff :)

Thank you for your quick response.
The stytoskf program convert from Yamaha .sty to Casio .skf
But the CTK-731 has .cpt or .ept rhythm format
My question is: How I can the .sty or .skf convert to .cpt /.ept

Mirojan.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have any information (yet, anyway) about how the various types of Casio rhythm files are structured. I found the STYTOCKF program by searching for "convert Yamaha style to Casio rhythm." If I had some CKF, CPT, and EPT files to examine, I might be able to determine something about how they're structured.

Ask a Question