Changing patches on keyboard changing patches on Ferrofish B4000+

Reaction score
In addition to being technically challenged...just bought a Ferrofish B4000+. My main board is a Roland FA-06 which is midi'd with the Ff. When I change patches on the Roland, it also changes whatever the current patch is on the Ff. Anyone know if this is stoppable...and HOW? Thanks... Ed

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Somewhere in your Roland MIDI menus are Send TX Patch Change or something similar.

Just turn it off.

Reaction score
The unit is set to send program changes. It's a MIDI function; it needs to be turned off in the menu system.

online owners manual:

Page 4 of the owners manual:

1675172520722.png

Attachments

• 1675172383819.png
    1675172383819.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
That reference (from the MIDI Implementation manual) refers to whether or not the Roland receives program change info. What the OP needs is the parameter affecting whether or not the Roland sends program change info. He'd be looking for the "Transmit Program Change" parameter, shown below from the Reference manual, in the Transmit section. I'd turn off transmit bank select too, just to be safe.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 12.26.57 PM.jpg

Reaction score
In addition to being technically challenged...just bought a Ferrofish B4000+. My main board is a Roland FA-06 which is midi'd with the Ff. When I change patches on the Roland, it also changes whatever the current patch is on the Ff. Anyone know if this is stoppable...and HOW? Thanks... Ed

JUST TURN PROGRAM CHANGE OFF IN THE ROLAND, THAT´L DO IT

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
4 replies basically saying the same thing. The guy hasn't replied since he posted.

Do ya think maybe he got it the first time? :rolleyes:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
4 replies basically saying the same thing. The guy hasn't replied since he posted.

Do ya think maybe he got it the first time? :rolleyes:

Gary ;)
HOPE SO, ITS SO DARN EASY, JUST FIND "PROGRAM CHANGEN" IN THE MIDI-SETTINGS AND TURN IT OFF - HAD THE THE SAME PROBLEMS WHEN I WAS NEWBIE IN SYNTHS - I USE CAPITALS BECAUSE OF BAD EYESIGHT! LEVI IN SWEDEEN

Reaction score
HOPE SO, ITS SO DARN EASY, JUST FIND "PROGRAM CHANGEN" IN THE MIDI-SETTINGS AND TURN IT OFF - HAD THE THE SAME PROBLEMS WHEN I WAS NEWBIE IN SYNTHS - I USE CAPITALS BECAUSE OF BAD EYESIGHT! LEVI IN SWEDEEN
PROGRAM CHANGE

Reaction score
And never heard from again. A common 1st post issue with this forum. I should become a bookie and start taking odds on first time posters and questions.....

Reaction score
I just got a B4000+ as well and noticed each time I use the pitch wheel of my controller, the FF uses it but the "tuning" in the FF never goes back to what it was, it always defaults to its lowest value which makes it sounds out of tune when stacking with another module

Does anyone know how to disable pitch wheel in the FF? I can disable it in the controller but all other modules will stop using it

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Depending on how good your controller is, you may be able to select which channel(s) your pitch wheel controls.

Ask a Question