Changing the keyboard Voice in Groove Creator Mode? I don't think I broke it...

Reaction score
Hello!

Thank you for taking a look at my question. I just got a Yamaha PSR-E463 and was playing with the different modes and while in the Groove Creator mode I wanted to see if I could change the voice. I hit the voice button and then entered 1 and it set it to the grand piano and it worked as I expected. The problem is that I can't get it to go back and now the voice is set to grand piano for all of the 35 different groove settings instead of the different preset groove voices. I have tried doing the two different types of resets for the keyboard but it does not fix this problem. If anyone has any insight it is greatly appreciated.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You can select any voice you want to use, so all you did was select Voice 001 for playing along with the Groove Creator-- no harm, no foul; nothing was broken.

If you want to play along using the specific voice that was preselected for a given built-in Song, Style, or Groove, you just need to select the desired Song, Style, or Groove, then select Voice 000, which is the OTS or One Touch Setting voice.

Reaction score
Thank you very much! Not that this was the reason that I bought it but it was a pretty fun feature to play around with. This was extremely simple but very helpful. Thank you sir.

Ask a Question