Cheap Keyboard

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm here just to ask if is there any cheap affordable keyboard. I used to have piano lessons in my 10's and stopped, I used to be good at it, but now being a student I don't have much money to buy one, so I was wondering if isn't there anything cheaper with no built in sound database, I just need the keys and play it with Fruity Loops or Cubase sound databases.

I hope you understood my question, so what's the proper name of a keyboard like that? 61 keys would be appreciated, or maybe less don't know.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Reaction score
You are looking for a MIDI controller. Studiologic, Novation, Arturia make MIDI controllers. Also, if you aren't opposed to older keyboards, I own a Generalmusic Equinox 88 key that is an excellent MIDI controller and also has built in sounds. You don't have to use the built in sounds, you can just use the keyboard as a MIDI controller only. Because it is older (~15 years old) you can usually find one very cheap. Only things about older equipment in general: they're usually heavy; can be no longer supported by the vendor and parts can be hard to obtain, hence the normally cheap price. Sometimes it's worth the gamble.

Reaction score
Thanks, that's exactly the answer I was looking for, I will look around for a affordable MIDI keyboard.

Ask a Question