Choosing Keyboard (first time)

Reaction score
so well, i am kinda beginner/intermediate electric guitarist (i think so at least), i can play single tab at a time songs, and only 1 chords song (very bad at chords), and could play songs by ear (still 1 tab at a time). the guitar isn't really a brand just shop thing and don't really have an amp, and it doesn't have usb thingy so when connecting to pc there is lots of noise, so i just play it like it is.

i recently started not liking it much because for some reason i feel i can't do what i want with it, and chords stuff just aren't working for me. so i thought i may go to keyboard which i really liked when i was a kid, and for some reason its kinda in my head now that keyboard can do everything, and basically it's awesome xD, oh another reason for wanting to switch is, i pretty much don't play nor want to play other than anime songs, which i don't find a lot of tabs for, but find piano.

so well for some like me, with budget at ~200$, which keyboard should i get ? or if u have better, please do suggest it as i don't really know specs in piano and that kind stuff, all i know is that i want usb connection to pc, and that it's good to have touch sensitivity and i find lot people saying that full sized keys is better too, but i am not sure about that last one though because i am not really planning on going to play piano after learning on this .

well here are the ones i think maybe good, but not sure ofc:
YAMAHA EZ-220
YAMAHA PSR-E343
CASIO LK-280
CASIO CTK-4200

waiting for your replies, and thanks in advance
smile.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
i did, and i know it said in one of the topics that casio isn't recommended, but didn't specify a reason, so didn't really rule it out.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The lighted key models are really a gimmick. They don't really teach you anything except the wrong way to play a song.

The Casio CTK and WK models are actually pretty good.

Likewise the Yamaha PSR-E series are also very good.

The Yamahas have a slight edge over the Casios when it comes to natural sounding instrument sounds though.

Casios tend to sound better if you're into stuff like House and Dance music.

Either the CTK or the PSR would be a good choice if budget is your main concern.

If your main interest is how to properly play a piano though, then consider spending about $500 and up for a proper weighted keyboard right from the start.

Both Casio and Yamaha make excellent electronic pianos in that price range.

Gary

Ask a Question