Chord changes

Reaction score
Sounds like you are doing great.

I play around with inversions and roots in a new song until a combination feels right, comfortable and the transition from one chord to another does not leave my fingers figuratively in a knot. There is no right or wrong, there is what works for you.

If you have the keyboard real estate then it can be useful to walk the chord progressions up and down the keyboard to effect different tones into the song.

Thank you Col, I remember one of the first pieces of advice you gave me was to focus on theory including inversions. Since that post my playing has evolved at a steady pace.

Reaction score
Well said Ray, what you described above is exactly the process and emotion I experience in my play. I note your paragraph.
Playing a tune over and over, day after day soon becomes second nature and chord progressions are not a problem at all. No thinking required.

Not being a "Spring Chicken" I was convinced to be the only aspiring keyboard player requiring days to develop the required competency to play a tune:confused:

Ask a Question