Chord function wont turn off

Reaction score
On my Kronos, I constructed a simple chord and added it to an EX program (Punchy Trumpets). I changed the foot switch setting in the Global function to turn it on and off, and it seemed to work as planned.

The problem is I found that the Chord application comes on by itself anytime I click on my Punchy Trumpets program. It then needs several clicks to shut it off. I tried unplugging the footswitch and changing the Global setting for the foot switch. On the Global function I wrote the change back to save it. But it still comes on by itself(??)

What's worse is that it's doing the same with any Combi I created that includes the Punchy Trumpet program.

I even tried turning off the keyboard and restarting, but that didn't help.

Please tell me what I can do to put things back to before.

Reaction score
Haha Like you said, I think I need an exorcist.
In any case, I was hoping to get some advice from someone in this forum. I've also sent an email to KorgUSA's technical department (no chat or phone communication is available), but it takes a while to get an answer. Having said that, the last time I had a problem, the response was thorough and very helpful, although like I said, you have to wait a while for their response.

Reaction score
If all else fails you could restore your Kronos using the backup you created.

A Save All file may also work if you created one before installing any third party add ons.

Reaction score
Thanks. It's very puzzling. In any case, if I don't hear of an easy fix, I was also thinking of resorting to the factory reset. I don't have much customized stuff that I need. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Just as a follow-up on this thread in case anyone is interested, the tech guys at KorgUSA got back to me via email and advised on how to easily fix the problem. Why it occurs wasn't explained, but I suppose that doesn't really matter. In any case, I needed to go into each program and combi where this was occurring and on the Controller's function, change the trigger for the Chord mode to a SW1 switch (instead of the foot switch). After this change, I needed to turn the SW1 off, and then write the program to save it. Now, the chord function does not automatically come on as I move in and out of the affected programs, but I can still turn it on as needed with the SW1 switch. This change isn't as handy as using a foot switch, but for my purposes it's OK. Just wanted to say the guys on KorgUSA's tech team always come through for me to solve Korg problems I cause.

Ask a Question