Chords auto and psr e433

Reaction score
I am French, I have a yamaha PSR e433. I have a question about chords with one finger: I want to have the automatic accompaniment but be able to play the chords with several fingers. Is it possible ? If so, should you disable an option?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Reaction score
Welcome.

It is not good to only play a one finger chord, its far better to learn properly with at least three fingers so your idea is very sound.

Your 433 is now quite old but manuals are still available to download and use if you do not have one.

In Style play mode with Auto accompanyment turned on then pressing a three fingered chord should trigger the start of auto accompanyment hence disabling one finger chords is good.

Reaction score
Totally agree with you. And that's precisely what I'm trying to disable "finger single chords".

Reaction score
Press ACMP to turn on auto accompaniment.

To disable the one finger chord feature turn off your keyboard wait 10s, press and hold the
... + ...
button, then turn on your keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know if you can turn off the one-finger chord recognition on the PSR-E433, but all you need to do is play the chords with as many fingers (notes) as you want. There used to be a page that listed all of the recognized chords in the Owner's Manual of the older models (such as the PSR-E403), but it's no longer included in the Owner's Manual of the newer models (such as the PSR-E433). However, I was recently informed that Yamaha moved that page into the Song Book for the newer models, so download the Song Book for the PSR-E433 and see if that page is there. Note that I don't mean the chart that shows something like four chords for each key of the diatonic scale, but one that lists about 35 or so different chords for the key of C. That list gives the notes you need to press for each type of chord, and indicates which notes are optional and can be omitted.

Ask a Question