Church praise band keyboard

Reaction score
I played piano for many years and am now playing keyboard at my church. We play everything from David Crowder which has a lot of the upright piano sounds and organ southern style to Toby Mac and Elevation Worship which uses a lot of layering of many sounds. I think that is right where you have different sounds assigned to different areas on the keyboard where at times they overlap.I am new to this so I want something I cause use easy per say but has realistic sounds. Piano and organ being important as far as sounding real. What are your recommendations? Also any tutorials on function uses I can check out? Our budget is really around 2500.

Reaction score
Many church players have /use Apple "Mainstage" (on an Apple computer) as the platform for using and managing "VST" type patches.
I have Mainstage running on an older Macbook and it an interesting set-up with many capabilities (read that as "requires Apple OS savy and learning to use the software). You should Google "Apple Mainstage" to learn a bit about it. I haven't done anything with my set-up in 2 years and can't begin too answer questions. I can say it is some powerful software when set up with a good computer and solid state drives. It's well worth looking into. YMMV Regards, Don
https://support.apple.com/guide/mainstage/welcome/mac

Reaction score
What type keyboard do you use? Church is fixing to upgrade me and we (meaning I) are test driving a Kurzweil sp6. It is nice and I am loving the features but the piano sounds are not good. Our Church's 19 year old Yahama has better actual keyboard sounds.

Reaction score
I play piano for our church choir - have gone through so many keyboards, many with fantastic patches on everything other than a "real" sounding piano. Finally settled on a good used Casio CTK-7000 that I edited the sound perimeters on. Unfortunately Casio doesn't make this keyboard anymore, and sadly IMO went south when they introduced their CTX line.

Reaction score
What type keyboard do you use? Church is fixing to upgrade me and we (meaning I) are test driving a Kurzweil sp6. It is nice and I am loving the features but the piano sounds are not good. Our Church's 19 year old Yahama has better actual keyboard sounds.
If you’re looking for the best piano sounds, Nord seems to be the best. You might check out the Nord Electro 6 HP or the Nord Stage 3.

Ask a Question