classical fans-what do you think of neoclassical?

Reaction score
hullo, I like a bit of neoclassical now and then,I'm not heavily experienced or learned on the subject. I was just curious recently though - I thought, What do real classical music fans think of it?

I'd imagine most probably deem it an abomination, certainly I hate songs such as that kid rock song that sampled "sweet home alabama", and because I am a rock fan I'm probably more likely to dislike kid rock's efforts.

Plus I am well aware there's probably alot of terrible neoclassical songs, most just use it as an excuse to show us all how fast they can play guitar. But there's good and bad in every genre I suppose, also it's all relative really...

Obviously you can't say "every classical musician hates it", i'd just like a general Idea of the emotions towards it generally, Or maybe your personal opinion on it?

Reaction score
I think they are wrong by naming this kind of music "neoclassical", 'cause neoclassicism was a cultural movement in the mid 18th and 19th centuries in the western world.
Romanticism appered as a reaction to neoclassicism.

Well, I prefer the originals.

Ask a Question