Classical Music Lovers

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here so figured the best place to post this question was here. I have recently discovered Classical crossover music (basically classical/opera meets pop) and am wondering if anyone else has an affinity for it. Yulia, Destino, Hayley Westerna and Josh Groban in particular are my faves but there are so many artists out there!

Anyway, hoping to start a conversation about this to see if there are any other artists I should listen to. There are a couple of sites I visit to check out the genre but I won't post them. Don't want to appear to be a spammer or whatever :p. Googling classical crossover music is how I got started.

Cheers!

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is quite what you are looking for, but Pet Shop Boys' "All Over the World" from their album Yes borrows from "March" in Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite. There's also that 70's disco rendition of [can't remember what it's called]!

Reaction score
Thanks but I think we're on different wave lengths there! I do love the PSB's but the artists I've been listening to are dedicated to the genre, not sampling classics. Again, think Josh Groban or check out HayleyWesterna.com or on YouTube. Also Yulia Maclean on Youtube as well to see what I mean.

And I think you are thinking of A Fifth of Beethoven from the 70's. God, what were we thinking??:D

Reaction score
what were we thinking??:D
I think we were all Blinded by the Light bouncing off the spinning mirror ball...

Other than a couple of Josh's albums, I can't think of any others I have that sound close to that style. Well maybe (and you didn't hear it from me!) Madonna's rendition of Don't Cry for Me Argentina...

last.fm might be of some help. I found that searching for artist names you know yields much better results than searching for "classical crossover." (Wow, Cortes sounds a LOT like Josh Groban!)

Reaction score
Well maybe (and you didn't hear it from me!) Madonna's rendition of Don't Cry for Me Argentina...

last.fm might be of some help. I found that searching for artist names you know yields much better results than searching for "classical crossover." (Wow, Cortes sounds a LOT like Josh Groban!)

Last.FM is a great resource yes. There are a ton of ccm artists so I look forward to exploring more. just a new discovery for me which is why I posted.

And ala Connie Chung, the Madonna will just be between you and I...

Ask a Question