Clavinova Out of tune

Reaction score
My clavinova CVP 303 has many notes that are sharp, The notes and sharpness vary from time to time. Some have suggested that the mother board is the problem. Any information on this problem would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Regarding the out of tune clavnova 303, ( May 22nd) the problem has been solved. I became convinced that the keyboard could not be reasonably fixed so I gave it away, and bought a new Yamaha P125. The minute I touched it I new it too was out of tune. It seems I have a condition called agnosia. apparently I hear a note ok but my brain miss classifies it and distorts what I hear. There are many types of agnosia such s taste. smell, touch. Some say it may be age related.(I'm 94) Pretty much puts and end to my playing, although I'm still playing freebies. Ron Plude

Reaction score
I was so sad to hear that and know how much pleasure playing an instrument can bring. At 73 years, I have slight tinnitus which I know is due to my having listened to and played large amounts of music over the years through headphones at too high a volume.
I never expected it to happen.... But age creeps up on us all, and once the damage is done, it's permanent.
Turn it down.... Protect your ears!

Ask a Question