Closest Hammond Sounds on RD-2000

Reaction score
Brand new RD-2000 owner here (just arrived literally yesterday!). Fell in love with the key action, piano sounds, as well as the strings (which surprised me).

The open question for me now is: What do people do for a "good enough" Hammond B3-like organ on the RD-2000? I know I've got a huge learning curve ahead of me, but I'm curious if I can take advantage of the community to get a jump start on that learning curve to get something usable in short order.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm not certain but I think that the RD-2000 has a derivative of the VK-8 or VR09 organ in it, meaning that it might have the basic organ but is missing some of the features like chorus/vibrato settings and some other settings. Not sure about the drawbars and I don't think you get the 2nd manual.

Reaction score
Thanks the reply Dave. I think the Tone Wheel organ voices on the RD-2000 probably do have the basic building blocks. And there are some youtube videos that help you figure out how to adjust things like rotary speed etc. I was mostly curious if there was anyone here who has this keyboard already, what they do to get close to the Hammond sound. I know it'll never be an exact match, but for my purposes, close is probably perfectly fine.

Reaction score
Hi, did you ever get a reply on specific settings on the RD2000 to.get that basic Hammond sound? I'm looking for the same info.

Reaction score
Hi.

You can split the keyboard and have one drawbar setting in one zone and another in say zone 2. Get the free exp 5 organ expansion from axial. Use rotary 2 effect. Its a pretty decent emulation. Use a swell pedal if possible for volume.

Cheers

Stuart

Reaction score
Hi, did you ever get a reply on specific settings on the RD2000 to.get that basic Hammond sound? I'm looking for the same info.

All of the TW-Organ sounds are emulations of Hammond organ sounds, which also let you adjust the drawbars (see page 22 of the owner's manual). In the Tone list, there are 10 sample Hammond TW organ sounds, but you can also adjust the drawbars and other settings to emulate other Hammond sounds as well. There are also a bunch of "rompler" (sampled) organ sounds in the tone list, after those ten TW tones, and many of those are also based on Hammond organ sounds. But the TW organs are the ones that most emulate the behaviors of the real thing.

Ask a Question