Come on Roland and finish your RD 800 fix already!

Reaction score
<Rant>There's nothing worse than being bitten by the G.A.S. bug, identify your prey, and then find that it's been pulled from the market due to some drunk idiots putting their plugs into the wrong connector. Come on Roland, put your warning labels on the product and resume shipping!</Rant>

There, I feel much better now.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on the RD 800 vs the less expensive and currently available Kawai MP7. Unfortunately for me, there are no stores within 300 miles of here that carry either of these keyboards or other similar stage pianos.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Don't choke on your beer but if you're looking for a stage piano take a serious look at the new Casio PX-5S. Weighs about 24 lbs, has one of the best feeling actions in the business and also does some great organ and synth sounds as well as hex layering.

Reaction score
Don't choke on your beer but if you're looking for a stage piano take a serious look at the new Casio PX-5S. Weighs about 24 lbs, has one of the best feeling actions in the business and also does some great organ and synth sounds as well as hex layering.

Many thanks for your post!

I think that we've already had a previous conversation similar to this. Please understand that I'm upgrading from a Casio PX-3, the PX-5's older yet less adept sibling. I don't play too hard, but it's already had to go to the shop twice due to key bed mechanism, problems, once where a cheap plastic part broke, and another where the sound response is not equally balanced for differing keys. This last problem has yet to be fully fixed. I fear that Casio may have cut corners on sturdiness in order to make their weight and price goals, and I do understand that a lighter piano may tolerate the shock of being dropped better, but I'm also concerned about the shock of being played. So, I'm looking to upgrade to either the Roland RD 800 or Kawai MP7, but so far I can't get my hands on either of them, nor even the Yamaha CP4.

Ask a Question