Compare Technics Keyboard To Other Types

Reaction score
I have been playing background music on my KN6500 for several years for various non-profit organizations -- over two years for the Wildwood Soup Kitchen in Florida and for five years for an organization called Operation Shoebox (a group of about 400 volunteers that meet every week to prepare ditty bags filled with items for deployed troops...see my website @ Operation Shoebox In The Villages). I love my KN6500 but would dearly love to upgrade to a KN7000. As they are hard to find, I was wondering if there is any other keyboard comparable to a KN7000, such as Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil, etc?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!

Reaction score
Welcome

There are plenty of Arranger keyboards out there but avoiding the lower priced ones from Yamaha, Casio and Korg then the starting point will probably be the Korg PA700 and Yamaha SX700, these are c$1300.

Next up is the Korg PA1000 and Yamaha SX900, prices from $2000.

Then the Korg PA4X $3900 and the eyewatering priced Yamaha Genos at $6000.

Any of the above will give arguably, performance superior to the Technics but at quite a high price.

There are Korg and Yamaha Arrangers at a lower price point but these are basically superseeded models which are still available.

Korg PA600, PA300, Yamaha PSR S775

Roland are a bit lacking in the Arranger market but they do have their EA7 and BK3 which are both quite old models.

This is a side by side video of the Korg and Yamaha, no promo just comparable sounds being played.

The Kursweil models are more workstation/synth than arranger.

Workstation/synths are a completely different type of keyboard and the leaders at entry level are the Roland Juno DS, Korg Kross 2 and Yamaha MX and these cost from about $500 for the MX and $750 for the DS and K2

Ask a Question