Composer looking for decent midi device/performance keyboard

Reaction score
Hey all, straight to the point. I'm looking for an 88 key, weighted, velocity keyboard with midi capabilities but an actual onboard sound bank as well. Mainly, I don't need a bunch of knobs and such, just two modwheels and a sustain and expression pedal. As far as midi inputs go, I plan on tweaking most of the sound on the pc.

I would also like something that has a decent/fairly good piano sound. I don't need or want a bunch of goofy synths, as I primarily play only the piano sound. I would like a good rhodes patch as well, but I can live without it. I primarily play classical piano stuff and when I play live, I rarely use anything but a natural piano sound.

Anyways, I guess what I'm looking for is something like a digital piano that works as a good midi input too? My budget is around $1000 on ebay. I will most likely buy it on ebay, considering the great deals there.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Ask a Question