Composing

Reaction score
Hello All,

I would like to start composing in Chillout music. I've got lots of ideas but need two things, and maybe you could help me....
First thing is a good PC software which for example will be able to write down my music as notes, which would have plenty of professional options like editing, cropping, big sample's database, simply the best available software you can get for this purpose.
The second thing is if anyone of you know some internet site with some guide for music composing? I have the music in my head, I have the ideas, but I am aware, that there are certain pronciples which you need to obey to make your music sound professional, without effects exageration, with proper beat, proper loudness, etc. The rules that music's engineers follow when they make the final shape of a record from a raw studio material which than goes to the stores as a proper product.
Thank you for ANY suggestions
Kind Regards
Przemo(c)

eva

Reaction score
Hi !

I'm not an expert. Just one question: what do you mean by chillout music? something like Thievery Corporation?

My bf and his friend use Reason. But I don't know if you can write down your music as notes. An other friend of mine uses Final. I don't know this software but he also writes his music like that.

Reaction score
Well, for music theory just do a google search for it. You will find more than you can ever read. You could also have a look at the local library, they might have better/different material then you don't need to be sitting at a pc to read.

Try wikipedia too and maybe they have something on wikibooks. Just had a look there, wikibooks and wikiversity seems to have some good general info, but I just skimmed the info.

Ask a Question