Compress wavelengths at set intervals

Reaction score
I was wondering does anyone have any idea of an easy technique to compressing audio wave lenghts at set intervals.

Such that If I had a file that looked like Audio.jpg I could manipulate it to look like Result.jpg.

Please note I used an image editor to compile these images.

Thanks

Attachments

• Audio.jpg
    Audio.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Result.jpg
    Result.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 10

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
DAWs typically have a feature called "automation lanes" that can be used to automatically control a number of parameters for a given track, depending on the type of track-- that is, audio or MIDI.

For audio tracks, volume is one of the most commonly-automated parameters. You should be able to easily add an automation lane for volume to the audio track in a DAW, then set the volume level you want the audio track to have at various places within the track.

For instance, I think you should be able to set the volume to its normal (default) level for the first three-quarters of a measure, then set it below its normal level for the last one-quarter of the measure.

Then I think you might be able to copy that measure of the automation lane and paste it into other measures.

But that sort of thing might vary from DAW to DAW. I think any professional-quality DAW should be able to do that, but you would need to check the manual for any given DAW to see what its feature functions are and how to use them.

Ask a Question