confused between ctk 7000 and roland e o9

Reaction score
I am confused between casio ctk 7000 and roland e09. I am very much familiar with both workstation and arranger but I am not sure if casio's tones are as good as roland's and if e09 features are as good as ctk 7000. I must come down to one unregrettable choice. Please advise which one would be a better option. Also advise if there are better alternatives in the same budget range of the above mentioned two.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I got your PM too. I appreciate you're keen for a quick response.

We're just a online community of volunteers here - sometimes it takes a while to see a reply. You need to remember the time difference too.

Give it a few days - I haven't owned or played on either of those BTW.

What's your budget?

Reaction score
Sorry ive been on the advise hunt for quite sometime now and with no one replying at all, i am beginnin to run out of time and patience coz i am supposed to get it done before a specific deadline. Besides i just found out this site through a blog and after going through some of your advices, i realized u happened to be online so i was keen on getting a reply soon. REALLY SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE!
My budget is 25000 indian rupees (377€ and 545$ respectively). But it can go up to maximum 35000 rupees( 528€ and 763$). The keyboard is for live performances, church use(contemporary christian music) and also for compositions. Other preferences are good realistic piano sound, and varieties on organs, strings, eps , pads and synths; and module compatibility.
Thank you so much for listening and taking time out.

Reaction score
Does that budget have to include everything - keyboard stand, combo amp or powered speaker to play it through?

There are CCM people on here will be able to give you some pointers - it's not my area. If I'm playing sacred stuff it's Bach or old fashioned SATB hymns at a wedding.

If it's just for the keyboard - can you get a second hand Yamaha MM6?

Roland - look for a 2nd hand Juno D - the older discontinued model. Review here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar05/articles/rolandjunod.htm

I could cover most gigs with either.

The CTK-7000 is the one I'd opt for from the two mentioned. I noticed the CTK-6000 had proper L and R audio outs and you can use the L for a jack lead and play in mono only. The other models I'd seen only had a stereo headphone out which isn't ideal - other than for headphones of course.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Dude i cannot believe i missed out MM6 in my search. I checked the features, the demos and the moment i found out about the price, i just fell in love with it. I never knew it was an entry level workstation. I thought it was just another expensive synth. The first time i saw motif, i salivated. And to have realized the mm6 is a mini motif.... Umm hmm!
Having said that, heres my final question- Whats your verdict on MM6 V/s PSR S550?
Thanks a million for the help goz. This place is awesome. Im gonna recommend it.

Reaction score
oh that... Im really disappointed that mm6 has no onboard speakers. I do need that. But say without considering the speaker, which one has more and better voice qualities, and voice editing functions? And r there softwares for mm6 for sound creation?

Ask a Question