Connect MP3 Player to Keyboard

ash

Reaction score
Hi, I have an mp3 player which i plugged a lead from my keyboard and to that lead i plug my mp3 player to allow me to play audio files that i download from the internet. The mp3 player that i have isn't very good because that buttons aren't clear and i don't know what buttons take me to a screen or what buttons take me out of a screen. Also I have to turn the Auxin function down on my Yamaha E453 keyboard because the audio is loud and makes the keys on the keyboard sound very quiet. Once i switch the keyboard off and then switch back on, the mp3 player forgets the settings i gave it, So frustrating. I'm reliant on backing audio as i play with one hand.

Reaction score
Its a Yamaha and they like most other manufacturers have manuals written in Klingon as their native language so finding anything is problematic, I presume you have had a good look and an out of the box fiddle to resolve the matter? If not do try.

I do not use the onboard speakers in my keyboard.

I have a small mixer and a pair of powered PA speakers.

Audio from my player is fed into the mixer as is the audio out from the keyboard.

Thus it is a very easy job keeping the balance as I like it.

ash

Reaction score
Its a Yamaha and they like most other manufacturers have manuals written in Klingon as their native language so finding anything is problematic, I presume you have had a good look and an out of the box fiddle to resolve the matter? If not do try.

I do not use the onboard speakers in my keyboard.

I have a small mixer and a pair of powered PA speakers.

Audio from my player is fed into the mixer as is the audio out from the keyboard.

Thus it is a very easy job keeping the balance as I like it.
My keyboard doesnt have the function of playing audio files so needs an external source plugged into the keyboard, ie mobile phone, mp3 player. All i want is an mp3 player that's simple to use and has an LCD screen so i know which tracks are playing.

Reaction score
You can also connect up your mobile phone or tablet and play the mp3 files from there.

My mobile phone has my CD collection of Music in mp3 format on it.

Reaction score
The easiest thing you can do is get a tablet, which has a bigger screen than an MP3 player, and hook it up to the E453. I am not sure if you can save the settings for the input as a registration or not, but a quick view of the manual should give you more direction on that. I looked at the manual, specifically on page 36, and it tells one how to hook up a unit to play back through the speakers. I did not read directly if those settings could be saved. Maybe, somewhere else in the manual it may talk about it.

Grace,
Harry

Reaction score
Your subject line appears to be misleading. It doesn't appear to be the connection being your question. I think that your question isn't keyboard related at all; I think what you are looking for is an updated MP3 player as you say in your 2nd post "..All i want is an mp3 player that's simple to use and has an LCD screen so i know which tracks are playing..". This is a keyboard forum and you'll get people saying to load your phone with MP3's and use the phone as the MP3 device. Others have said to load a tablet (android or IOS tablet) with MP3's and use that device as the MP3 player since the tablet's screen will be much bigger. I'm not sure how else we can help you; this is a keyboard centric forum; we're not all up to date on the the latest and greatest MP3 players on the market. As mentioned above most players put their MP3's on their smart phone or tablet. Some will route the MP3's output to the keyboard if it has an input to accept an MP3 player, if not they will route the MP3 output to a mixer, also routing the keyboard to the same mixer. Google MP3 players, look at the features and the prices and go from there.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm going to link to this thread just in case anyone does come up with a decent audiophile MP3 player that doesn't cost more than $50.

My MP3 collection is over 19,000 songs now and I will categorically state that not all brands and models can handle a library of that size. Sure, the 128 Gig Card will fit, but they are crippled in that they can't shuffle-play the entire directory with a single button push.

I have a good one now, (discontinued) but it will eventually die someday and I'd like to keep a decent replacement in the wings.

So if anyone out there can recommend a decent standalone, pocket MP3 player under $100 I'm all ears as well.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Like I said, I bought one 4 years ago for under $50. Since then I've bought and returned a half a dozen that couldn't perform as needed.

The problem is not finding good, expensive ones. The problem is finding good CHEAP ones.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Gary

Or for when you win the Lottery

A mere CDN$5244,55

If you scroll down that page to the reviews, you'll notice that they haven't any reviews from Canada. :p

Nobody in this country is going to shell out the price of a used van for a piece of bling that you could flush down a toilet :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question