Connecting Korg M50 to Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,

My dad just bought me a new Korg M50 keyboard which I will be using to produce music, most likely using logic pro with my macbook. I am hoping to use the internal sounds of the keyboard itself to make music and not the pre-loaded sounds of logic. I was wondering if I would need any sort of interface or if I could use the built in midi capability of M50 to record the sounds of the keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
M3 has it's own editor that comes on a CD with the keyboard... With m50 being
the stripped-down version od the M3, you could use the M50 editor
as a VST plug-in - enabling you to use internal sounds for rendering MIDI tracks

Here's a quote from the official website:

The M50 Editor is a stand-alone software application that lets you perform even
more detailed editing from your PC. By using the M50 Plug-In Editor, you can use the
M50 as a plug-in instrument from within any host application, expanding your DAW
production system without putting any resource drain on your computer (VST, Audio
Units, and RTAS formats are supported).

Reaction score
Is the M50 editor a substitute for logic?....Or will I have to use the editor to use the internal sounds in logic?

Reaction score
The M50 Editor is a stand-alone software application + it can run as a VST plugin for your Sequencer (as long as the M50 is plugged into your mac)

You should've gotten a manual with the keyboard, and another one with the editor CD

Reaction score
Thanks, but how would i go about connecting the keyboard to Logic Pro.....I like the interface of it, and I think I want to use that as software.

Reaction score
Dunno about MACs, but under windows you just plug the keyboard, install the drivers from the CD and you're good to go :)

Reaction score
you have to put your vst plug in in your plug in folder, depending on what version of OS your using they may be called audio units.

Here is how u get to the plug in folder.

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins

then depending on if u want the effects/sounds/whatever ur using go from there!

hope this helped!

Ask a Question