connecting MIDI keyboard controller to another keyboard

Reaction score
Hey everyone , I'm new here....:)
I have a question:
If i connect MIDI keyboard controller to another keyboard ,
and i use the MIDI controller as pitch bend and i play on
another keyboard , did the sound hear in the main keyboard?
P.S. I sorry about my bad English , I don't know English very well...:(
Please answer me as soon:),
Tal.

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm not sure if I understood you well, but here are some facts you should know
about midi.

The keyboard you use to PLAY the sounds (it's not important weather it's another keyboard or a sound module) is called a "Master keyboard".

The one you control (again, it's not important weather it's a keyboard or a sound module)
is called a "Slave keyboard"

At this state it depends if you have your master keyboard connected to a speaker system.

You see... not all keyboards have specific "MIDI" modes so they just play internal sounds
at the same time as they send signals to the slave. Meaning - if you have both keyboards
hooked up to a speker/amp system - you will hear BOTH keyboards playing.

This is very usefull if you want huge massive sounds cause you can program both keyboards in a way
you don't run out of polyphony.

If you just want the sounds from the slave keyboard you can always turn the volume
of the master keyboard down to 0.

I hope i cleared some of the things for you.

Reaction score
I mean

I mean: If i playing on the "slave keyboard" but i use the pitch bend wheel in the "master keyboard" , did i hear the sound with the pitch changes on the speaker in the "slave keyboard"?

Reaction score
Whatever you do on the master keyboard reproduces on your slave keyboard/module.

Reaction score
no...

I mean , if i play the notes on the slave keyboard and i use the pitch whee in the master keyboard , did i hear the sound with the pitch changes in the slave keyboard?
sorry about the digging....

Reaction score
lol

I already answered you several times.

WHATEVER you play on the master keyboard is reproduced on the slave.
It doesn't matter weather it's playing, hitting the pitch or something else.

Unless your slave keyboard is a cheap toy keyboard - yes, you should hear the pitch change

Reaction score
ha...

ha , OK....
but , when i use a MIDI software in my PC , and i use the MIDI out in the software to the MIDI in in my keyboard , and i use my mouse wheel as pitch wheel in the software , but i play the notes on the keyboard , i don't hear the pitch changes....
and one more time - sorry about the digging.....;)

Reaction score
I was talking about hardware keyboards all the time, just as you asked - not software or VSTs.

To use a VST or a software sequencer, or any software in full - it has to be compatible
with your keyboard. If you don't have a flagship workstation, or at least a derivation of one, I doubt you'll be able to use it with your software in full

Some manufacturers (like Yamaha and Korg) even have their own versions of sequencing software - Like Cubase LE that comes with Yamaha's keyboards

Ask a Question