Connecting the Korg Kronos with Alesis Vortex wireless keytar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I play mainly live gigs with my korg kronos as the main board. i thought of buying the alesis vortex wireless midi controller keytar and connect it wireless to the kronos. my question is, can i use the keytar as a midi-in device to the kronos and assign a separate midi channel to it 100% wireless via USB?. Is it the same efficiency and functions as if i am connecting it with an actual midi cable ?. Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You should be able to do it with one of these.

http://pandamidi.com/#about

I've never used one however so I can't attest to its latency or how well it would work.

Also since it's a UK device it may not even be licensed for use under the FCC.

You may want to look around for other wireless solutions.

Either way, let us know how it works out for you for the next guy with this problem.

Gary

Reaction score
hi, i intend doing same thing with my kronos/alesis keytar, according to what ive read/researched you can definatly conect them wierless together exactly as you [and me ] wish, though i wont know for certain till i actuarly try it out as, but at the moment my keytar is in bits, pulled apart to replace melted keys [from a light bulb ! ! ] and a replacemen usb dongle, since i seam to have lost the original, the parts are on back order from alesis but wont be in stock to deliver untill "middle of march" , but ill let you know [post reply] once units are tested ok cheers

Reaction score
ive now decided to go down a diferant route and got the roland ax-synth keytar, mainly as it has built in sounds and has a bigger memory 256 patches, the alesis only has a paltry 24 presets which is useless for me, and i use a stereo pair of radio transmitters, on diferant channels to get stereo, i belive this is a much better option then the alesis, for me, though a lot more exspensive, and the roland also has a more usefull 4 octave keyboard, and if i do want to connect to my kronos ill just use an extra long midi cable.

Reaction score
I've never used the presets on the Vortex. I just change the presets on my main board, which it mirrors. I use the bottom 4 pad buttons to switch between my first 4 patches in the current setup/song. I never use hardware presets on dumb controllers, the head/software does all the work anyway.

Ask a Question